Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Bath & Body

Old March 16th, 2010, 02:31 PM

Default Tanning

now we all know that spring is here and summer is just around the corner.. shorts and dress season is back.. but my legs are so white. i never been tanning before. i usually just lay out in the sun for that. i was wonderingw hat do you think is better.. using the natural ray from the sun or laying in a tanning bed? the only thing is laying out in the sun takes forever.. (i don't tan too long because i dont want to get burned). i usually do 15 minutes each side.. is that enough? experiences.. recommendations?? anything helps!!
Old March 16th, 2010, 03:33 PM

my friend told me that it's best to use the sun when getting a tan. of course not laying out there for a couple of hours because you will simply get burned. about 30 minutes is good.. sunlight is a good source of vitamin e but only to an extent. she use to go tanning at the salon but not anymore..
Old March 16th, 2010, 05:10 PM

i heard too that it's better to get a tan from the sun but not too long because it can result in skin cancer. but either way.. i'm a little effy about the whole thing.. i still go to tanning salons to get a tan because like you said it is a lot faster to get a nice and even tan.i don't do it regularly but i do like the outcomes.
Old March 17th, 2010, 03:05 PM

yeah! i need a tan too and tomorrow is m y day of so im guessing i will lay out for a little before i start off my day and then take a shower and feel refresed all you need is an ipod and and a book and your good! sounds like a plan to me!
Old March 18th, 2010, 05:39 PM

ahhhh a tan sounds soo good right now.. i wish it was my day off so i can lay out under the sun. i hope the sun doesn't go away when it's my day offf... i need these legs to get out of that white tone!!!! maybe i'll just go to the tanning salon again.. i can't wait for summmmer. super stoked!!!
Old March 19th, 2010, 11:15 AM

i love to tan. i do both when i have time and money.. it really just depends on what i have going on.. its been so darn cold latly so ive been working on trying to get as much sun as possibable.. i think im going to invest some money into going tanning at least once a week to try and pick up some color.. hopefully it will work. and then lay out as much as i can.. i havent been in a bikini since last season.. not even any hot tub partys.. hoping they fit!
Old March 23rd, 2010, 02:07 PM

ohh boy! do i need a tan.. im way over due for one.. im super white and pasty! ahh seriously no color. so i need to start wearing shorts and what not to add a little color in to my skin.. since it was soo cold and rainy this winter it im alot lighter then usal from alwasy wearing jeans and boots and what not, soo sun sun sun!
Old March 29th, 2010, 04:11 PM

the other day i wore shorts and i couldnt believe my lack of color! it was horrible! im serious i looked at my white white legs and said to myself" mann! im looking a little pasty" soo on my day off.. im working on some color!
Old April 5th, 2010, 04:26 PM

i am counting down the days untill its hot for like all week straight i really need to take some time and get some color because im looking horrible and pasty which is weird for me to say because my entire life i have always had alot of color all year round and now that im getting older its starting to fade n im staying white all the time which really grosses me out.
Old April 6th, 2010, 05:00 PM

i had my spring break last week and NO FAIR there was hardly any sun.. or at least enough to tan.. and this week there's sun all around.. i'm so jealous. i tanned only once last week.. but this week i'm going to try to sneak one in after i get out of school. i can't wait to start putting some color on my skin because i'm kinda embarassed to wear shorts