Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old March 8th, 2010, 11:45 AM

Default question...

Im 2 months pregnant and i have not told my family.. i have gotten my self into a little bit of a mess. i live with my husband.. the only thing is that my parents still think hes just my boyfriend. we went to vegas and got married like 5 months ago. now i find out im having his baby, so do i tell my parents that my Boyfriend or HUsband got me knocked up.. lol drop both bombs or let them have a wedding for us someday and then think we had the babiiee before we "got married". oh boy im so stressed.. why did i hide it in the first place.. oH thats right we were drunk one night in vegas! haha but its the best decision i have ever made. <3
Old March 8th, 2010, 02:24 PM

it all just depends on how bad your parents will take the news but then again you should probably come clean about the marriage, and the babiiee at the same time. i think it would the best thing to do simply because they would be able to take care of everything and you guys could come clean about everything and work it all out..
Old March 9th, 2010, 01:25 PM

i agree i think you should tell them.. becasue you dont need the added stress. but then again you know your parents better then anyone so you can only tell how they are going to react. i think that you should tell them you guys are in engaged and then a few weeks later or a month later tell them your pregnant haha its still a lie.. but i mean iof they arent going to take the news well well baby steps.
Old March 10th, 2010, 01:50 PM

Its better to drop the big bomb and get it over with. The fact that they know that you live with the guy and I'm guesing that they don't mind then you should be good on the marriage part....and your married so I mean its okay to have a baby. But you should tell them in a gently and make sure you tell them everything and apologize!!! And be sincere about it...no smirking or laughing until they assure you its okay lol. Good Luck though
Old March 10th, 2010, 03:34 PM

dont tellt them the part about you guys being drunk! haha i dont think you should tell anyone that unless you plan to have another offical wedding.. but yeah its funny tho becasue you cant really call it a drunk mistake.. anyways congrats with both.. the baby and the marriage. and i wishh you luck when you tell your parents.
Old March 17th, 2010, 02:22 PM

TELL THEM ASAP!!
The longer you hold back the info the worse its going to be and the harder it would be to tell them. Its better if you tell them that you're married first so then the pregancy part doesn't seem as bad. Its hard I know to even phantom how you're going to tell them what you did but its better to just do it and get it off your chest.
Old March 18th, 2010, 03:15 PM

i say just come clean with them. you're already living with your boyfriend/husband so they should expect a lot of sex to happen. it's better to just come out with the truth instead of getting yourself in a bigger mess with the strings of lie. if your parents do get mad at you in the beginning, i'm sure they will soon accept it and theyll be soo excited for the new addition to your family =)
Old March 19th, 2010, 11:49 AM

i think the longer they have before the baby comes the more time they have to relax over the whole situation and then they can be very excided when you have your baby! congrats on both the wedding and the baby! i really hope everything works out for the best, and does his parents know anything, and just remember you are your own family now!
Old March 20th, 2010, 06:59 PM

You can always just have a wedding. You missed out on that in vegas so you could just enjoy that. I say let them know your preggos and just wait on the other thing, until you are ready to tell them (or they make you mad and you throw it in ytheir face like a friend of mine did o.o lol). In any case at least you'll get to plan your wedding with them and it will be nice with all your family there this time
Old March 29th, 2010, 02:10 PM

i am not sure what i would do if i was in your shoes, everbodys parents would react diffrent. my father would flip out and try to dis own me. my mother and my boyfriend parents would be accepting of it. so i am not sure what i would do. i think i would have ot ocme clean and then just let my dad be mad about it and i would throw a wedding reception for everybody to come a celebrate our wedding.