Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > Movies Reviews and Recommendations

Old February 27th, 2010, 05:33 PM

Default The Book of Eli

So I saw the Book of Eli just recently, and I have to say, it was definately an interesting flick. It was Denzel Washington trying to deliver a book to the West while evil Gary Oldman tries to use the book for EVIL in a post apocalyptic setting.

Which I felt the premise of the film was great, the trailer of the film led me to believe this was Denzel Washington and Mila Kunis kicking major butt througout the film. It lost me in the 3rd portion of the movie, so I have to say that for me, this movie, ALTOGETHER, is a C+, B- film. It's good, but it may or may not be for you.
Old March 6th, 2010, 06:02 PM

I saw this movie....I kinda agree with this. While I think it looks fantastic, kind of like it came out of Fallout 3, I just didn't like the fact that all it turned out to be was a guy delivering a BIBLE to the west, no magic book or powers, just a bible people are fighting over.

It was "meh."
Old March 10th, 2010, 03:53 PM

Wow I'm so happy I didn't go and see this. I was about to but opted out to go to a party instead. Like I thought the previews was all cool...but it was actually a Bible? well I guess it makes sense IDK. But if you're rating it a C- then I think I'll wait until It comes out on DVD or Rental to go see it. I love Denzel though I can't think of him ever being in a crappy movie. So I'll have to see it and judge for myself.
Old March 12th, 2010, 05:23 PM

I think i still might go watch it but I think I will probably go to the cinema saver place near my house because it only cost 3 dollars to watch it so might as well because I did kind of like the story line to it but since it is not really good I rather not spend 10 bucks on it at the regular movie theater.
Old March 16th, 2010, 04:02 PM

hmm.. lucky i didn't see this in the theaters. the trailer look like it would be a interesting movie to watch.. but like you said, it's probably not for everyone. or at least not everyone's kind of movie.. i still dont mind watching it when it comes out on dvd though.. denzel washingtonnnn
Old March 17th, 2010, 02:57 PM

Some people told me that this movie wasn't all that great. But the trailers did look interesting. I kept wondering what in the world was the book?! I mean seriously they were killing people over it and all kinds of stuff. Denzel is a really good actor so I bet the movie was good regardless of what my friends say. lol plus they tend to exaggerate.
Old March 20th, 2010, 04:00 PM

The movie is good since Denzel Washington, Gary Oldman, and Mila Kunis (Especially Mila Kunis, she surprised me) were FANTASTIC actors in this film. However, I say that the premise of delivering a bible was...well, done before. It's a good story, but I can't get the feeling that I've seen this before, and done better in other media.

I'd give it a Matinee price, go see it at a Matinee
Old March 23rd, 2010, 05:38 PM

still would love to watch this movie during my spring break. my friend was telling me that the director of this movie directored menace to society. and the funny thing is he use to go to school at los angeles community college (LACC). and now he's directoring big screen movies with denzel washington. wow
Old April 3rd, 2010, 02:23 PM

He directed Menace to Society? XDDD And he went to school at LACC? Wow....there's hope for all of us!

But yeah, it's really cool to see someone like that grow and evolve into something. Personally, I would like to get this movie on DVD or rent it, it sounds like a decent rental movie, but nothing else.
Old May 18th, 2010, 01:00 PM

i actually didnt go when all my freinds went to go watch this movie. and i heard one of them fell aslepp but hes alwasy falling asleep so i never took it as anything,., i still veyr much would like to watch this movie it seems like a good. but the reviews on this thread helped. becasue well at least i know not to expect as much action anymore