Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Women's Health

Old February 10th, 2010, 05:19 PM

Default asking guys out.

okay ladies. lets have a serious talk lol.
how many of you guys are comfortable with asking out a guy?
or who waits till the guy makes the move?
see with me. im shy and so i'll wait till the guy makes the move.. but sometimes like now ( literally 2 minutes ago) i asked someone who i had feelings for and use to or still might idunno its unclear to the both of us how we feel towards one another..
i basically asked him if he was down for a movie night if i got out of class early.
and he replied" sure"
which do not in any way reassure me.
why is this sooo complicated its a movie! maybe i should have picked someone else. hmmm
Old February 10th, 2010, 06:17 PM

yeah im with you on this one... i need reassurance.. because i dont like putting myself out there like that and then looking dumb lol i just want to know that if im feeling something for someone that i will be able to know that im not the only one. most the time it works out but sometimes you get those one who likes to play mind games.
Old February 12th, 2010, 12:12 PM

idk i have been pretty forward about asking guys to accompany me to a movie or something like that. then once were hanging out then i really decided if i like him or not.. take my current boyfriend.. i met him at a club two halloweens ago and he was behind my friends and i in line they were talking to him but i was kinda shy.. so anyways i danced with him once that entire night and he asked for my number.. so i txted his Phone (he left his phone in the car) anyways later that night i got a txt from him :]we did not hang out for a year other that seeing each other 4 times in between while at the club. finally this past aug he txted me and asked me out on a date. and things have been amazing since. <3 im usually shy and dont give out my # but i guess that this was ment to be.. otherwise i wouldnt have gave him my #.
Old February 13th, 2010, 05:03 PM

I'm not as forward as I like to be, but I do know it's okay for me to ask a guy out if he is not going to make a move. Some guys can be shy and you can read their signal;s on whether he is into you or not, and if you can, but he doesn't ask you out, then it's really up to you to ask him out if you're interested in him. otherwise, he won't be able to do a damn thing and will end up passuing up soemthing really great.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 06:32 PM

I'm extremely forward. And most of the guys I get interested in like it. Like if I see a guy that I think is cute or That I like I'll call him over and start talking to him. I hardly do that anymore well atleast not as much as I've used to. I don't go out with most of them but they become some pretty chill friends.

Theses days I'm being bold for my friends. Like I'll invite a guy over to hang out with us and kinda hint him toward my friend...sometimes they would be interested in me something about my personality. But I've introduced alot of couples...even if I might not have met the opposite half before.
Old February 24th, 2010, 11:23 AM

I agree that it sucks when the guy doesnt really give you any self assurance...sure? what kinda answer is that.

But I guess you can look at it in a possitive light that he could've just said no. But he said sure. And some girls when we get asked out on a date we say sure....atleast I do..even if I said it in an unsure tone it didn't mean that I wasn't interested. Sometimes I was acutally shocked...so it might be that you caught him off guard with the question. And evetually the date would let you know for sure if he's interested or not.
Old February 24th, 2010, 03:18 PM

Over react much? If its just a movie why u trippin.
He said he'll go so be happy you got atleast that. Just don't over think it and mess up your date. You never know he might be into you. We all know that guys don't have the best answers for anything. You probably put him on the spot lol. I agree with Ruby you should wait and see how the date goes before you start regreting anything.
Old February 24th, 2010, 03:43 PM

i completely understand where you are coming from frawn. becasue i need reassurance as well.. i like to know that the guy that im going for at least has some interest in me. and its just not one sided. so i agree.. if he never really says "surree" and always responses in a upfront way like " yeah im down" or " fasho hot me up and let me know" then i would feel reassured
Old February 27th, 2010, 04:19 PM

I think when you're asking someone out, you need to make sure that you askl them out for a date. For the first user, it may have sounded like you just want to hang out, not go out. I don't know how many men will confuse a hang out with a date, but I make sure that if I ask someone out, I make sure to let them know it's a date, toherwise, things would be misinterpreted.
Old March 1st, 2010, 11:31 AM

so i will throw my self out on the line and tell a story about how i was humiliated infront of a guys entire group of friends.. we went out and we grabed dinner and we were going to a bar after. ( the guy bought my dinner) anyways i said something joking with him like " if your not nice to me i wont go out on another date with you" just meaning like i wont grab dinner with you anymore then he loudly anounced "AHH HOW CUTE YOU THOUGHT THIS WAS A DATE!" all his friends laughed and i was trying to defend myself but they were all like ohh its ok dont worrie.. :[ ugh