Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Seniors' Health

Old February 10th, 2010, 03:55 PM

Default working out

i know my gma goes to the gym all time shes alwasy taking classes and just working up a sweat.. i hope im just as active as she is when im her age.. becasue my grandma.. shes looks good for her age!
Old February 12th, 2010, 12:05 PM

thats great that your grandma is still able to work out. my grandma is very sickly and she is in bad shape.. its really sad simply because she has a very healthy mind but her body just cant take it any more.. its a real bummer simply because you can still see the youth in her words but by looking at her body you know that shes close to her passing date. its really sad but theres really not much you can do about it..
Old February 16th, 2010, 03:46 PM

good job all you seniors out there getting you exercise on.. i ussed to work in a senior center teaching a work out class to people 55+ and it was so much fun to see all these people still wanting to work out and keep healthy.. ill never for get one little lady she was probably 85 or so and she did the splits i was like dang i cant even do the splits.. i was shocked...
Old February 22nd, 2010, 06:35 PM

I sure hope I'm active too and I just don't let myself go.

Knowing me I'm lazy sometimes so theres a chance I might. But I'll probably go on vacations and stuff thats for sure especially if I'm retired...why not? What else I'ma do. Like my grand parents are always on vacation now. I love it when they invite me. Which is the most of the time.
Old February 24th, 2010, 02:33 PM

In my neighborhood I always see elderly people jogging or walking or doing yoga or whatever in the park. Their more active than me lol. But I guess because they have the time to be able to do all that stuff. I hope when I get that age I'll be as active too. Thats my goal but I need to get started on that now too. I've been letting myself go.
Old February 24th, 2010, 03:34 PM

yeah my grandparents work out together all the time.. basically they go to the gym or take little walks with thier dogs.. they have always been active.. including bike riding( more for my gpa) but still i thin its great they still live a pretty healthy active life.
Old March 17th, 2010, 04:57 PM

sometimes i wish i had half the engery my grandma does.. and im sure i have more trhen she does. but with work and school. and then homework and just gemeral chores at the end of the day im beat and running is the last thing on my mind.. my gma on the other hand.. hits the gym twice a day it amazes me
Old March 20th, 2010, 04:24 PM

This reminds me of Bob Barker, how he is really old, but does a lot of fitness activities and martia arts, which is why he looks so good, and why he kicked Adam Sandler's butt in Happy gilmore!. XD But seriously, it is really good to stay physically fit when you're older. At the very least, just being healthy is good especially when you're in a venerable and vulnerable state.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 05:18 PM

thats really good! i've seen a lot of grandparents that don't even look their age! they look way younger. i want to get just as involve as gym as i am right now when i get old. plus it just makes you feel more enegerized and healthier in all aspects! even a walk around the block every single morning would help!!
Old March 24th, 2010, 01:55 PM

Thats good. My grandpa is always gardening and fixing his car and jogging. He's super active which makes my grandma go to the gym lol. She's all like "I gatta stay looking good for my man" my grandparents are a trip...ma dad had the best childhood ever lol. But its hilarious. Over christmas I went with my grandma to her private gym place and meet her trainer who works with her...he's perfect for her, their a riot together!