Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Hair & Nail

Old February 2nd, 2010, 01:22 PM

Default perm?

has anyon here every gotten a perm? when ever i think of perm i think of 80's big big full head of curls haha so yeah im sure not all perms are like that but i was wondering who has gotten a perm?
did you like it?
hair damage?
Old February 2nd, 2010, 02:38 PM

ive never gotten a perm so im not much help but i am interested in knowing as well i wonder how much damage it casue if any? and how long it stays. i think my mom use to do the whole perm"d hair thing when she was in highschool which was the 80's haha so yeah it fits perfectly.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 03:45 PM

hahaha ohh big 80's hair.. yeah i remember looking through my parents yearbook and all there prom pics and there are some big puff dresses and some biiiiggg hair! lol lots and lots of hairspray used back on those days but some of the stlye still comes back like the lace and well actually alot thats at forever 21
Old February 8th, 2010, 02:32 PM

yeah hahah ive never had my hair permed and im not sure i will.. becasue hm haha thats exactly what i think of too when i hear perm big 80's hair with tons of curls haha. but hey it works for some ppl.
Old February 10th, 2010, 03:25 PM

My mom got a perm before. But its a perm to straighten your hair...like it broke her hair out. I wouldn't advise it...and if you do try it do a mild perm not like a strong one. And make sure you talk to a professional thoroughly before you do anything. Most people I know who got a permed regret it...but thats just from me...I'm sure It'll probably different on hair types.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 06:27 PM

I got a perm for curly hair and it was cool. I love it. I had a mild perm so it wasn't that strong but I really like the results. And you can straighten your hair if you like so thats cool. I need to go get it re done because my roots are straight and its about an inche of growth. So I need to make an appointment soon before it starts looking really bad. But if you're curious the only to find out if it works for you is to try it.
Old March 16th, 2010, 03:19 PM

i personally never gotten a perm before but my friend got her hair permed. it wasn't a hugmongo fro kind of perm, it was just like beachy wavys. it actually turned out really nice.. it's like she did her hair every day with the curlers. she liked it a lot and said she would consider getting it again next summer but the only down side was it did give her hair that dry look sometimes.
Old March 17th, 2010, 03:01 PM

i got a perm to straighten my hair and it broke my hair off like crazy. I wouldn't reccommend it if you have very brittle thin hair.....especially if you're putting a curl activator in it. I mean its up to you but You should probably talk to a beauty person and seee what they say about it before you acutally start perming you hair. and if you do use the mildes perm!! especially for your first perm
Old March 22nd, 2010, 05:16 PM

I think perms are cute. Just make sure you're not going to regret doing it or anything. Personally I would never get a perm just because it doesn't seem to work for the people I know whose hair texture is similiar to mine. But if you want to do it then its up to you. But you should really look into it more if you're really serious about getting it done. Becaue honeslty its not something you want to do at whim because to reverse it you'll have to wait for you hair to grow out then cut off the ends that are permed. So not fun!