Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old January 29th, 2010, 01:26 PM

Default drinks?

so i was reading about people and their consumption of beer and how it causes them to gain weight.. so my question is what do you drink if your not drinking beer. im talking alcohol wise. what are some drink mixes and things that you consume?
some ones ive heard of but never tried...
Harvey wall banger
KamaKazi
Black Russian
Old January 29th, 2010, 01:55 PM

hum. there are so many other drinks and coctails out there.. it just really depends on the alcohol you like to drink.. they have many vodka, rum, gin, snhopps, so many other things to drink... lets see if you like fruity then you can drink a malibu bay breeze.. that has malibu, cranberry, and pineapple juice. or theres and screwdriver.. which is just orange juice and vodka
Old January 30th, 2010, 04:29 PM

I don't drink much outside of beer, but what I have had is really goof stuff. Vodka mixed with anything is good, though pineapple juice is great for it. Margaritas (SP) are always good. Whiskey Sour and Midori soul!

In any case, I've only had a few so far. D:
Old February 1st, 2010, 11:50 AM

black russains are godd and so arer screwdrivers.. but be careful with those drinks.. becasue the ones that taste the best end up getting you drunk faster haha. im not a fan of hard alcohol .. but your right beer does make you gain weight becasue tis basically wheat and sugar so it of course turns into fat..

i once heard that in order to not gain weight by drinking beer you have too,
drink 3 glasses of water for every beer you had .
Old February 2nd, 2010, 05:18 PM

there are so many other things that are alot less calories.. from what i hear all alcohol has alot of calories..but a friend once told me.. " the drunker you get the less calories you gain.. confused i asked how so? he said because once your really drunk you usually throw up! then away go the calories.. haha i somehow dont really believe that but i mean what ever. im a total fan of fruity mixed drinks.. and i have heard to prevent a hang over drink 8oz of water inbetween every drink you drink and you wont be hung over...
Old March 29th, 2010, 10:31 AM

all drinks beer or alcohol both have calories and can cause you to gain weight. there are many things in mixers and even the alcohol that can cause weight gain. during the summer when im at the river im a huge fan of mikes hard lemonade and mixed drinks. <3 when i make those mixed drinks i do notice that during the summer i do put a little more weight on. which is never a good thing..
Old March 29th, 2010, 03:23 PM

i once heard or read i dont rememberbut they said.. that for every beer you drink you need to drink three glasses of water so that the beer doesnt turn into fat.. and you wont gain weight.. soo 3 glasses for every beer and glqass of wine you might drink
Old April 3rd, 2010, 01:08 PM

I don't really drink that much alcohol outside of beer since, well, I really don't know what else I can drink or what else I can order. However, I have tried a Midori Sour, a Whiskey Sour, and Vodka with Pineapple or Cranberry, and all of them are really good drinks. I really like the sours since Midori is REALLY sweet, like liquid candy, and Whiskey Sour is just as good, though not as sweet. I like it.
Old April 10th, 2010, 03:53 PM

Kamakaze/Kamikaze is something I think I've tried, is it a shot of alcohol?

Those are good. Arkbara, I have to say, the Midori Sour is really good, it's Liquid Jolly Ranchers, I bet that must be what you're thinking.

I also like the really fruity drinks and the sweet stuff.
Old April 14th, 2010, 03:14 PM

you can try wine.. i mean i hear a glass of wine is good for you.. down side thos red wine is known to stain your teeth after awhile so. also. i mean there are light beers im nt sure how good they arebut i know that they exist.. as long as you work off what you drink you should be fine,