Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old January 26th, 2010, 03:27 PM

Default naming your baby.

i am due within the next 3 weeks and my husband and i are still trying to come up with a name for our baby. when have a few picked out but were not totally sure, he wants to name the baby after a reletive on his side of the family.. im up for a more unique name. how can i convey to him that i do not choose to have the baby be named the same as his reletive. i do not want to hurt his feelings.. Does anybody have any names that they like? all ideas are welcome.
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:54 PM

why dont you suggest the relatives nameto bethe middle name of your child.. so that way you can pick the name you like and he can pick the relatives name he wants as a middle name. what sex is the baby?
Old January 26th, 2010, 04:45 PM

i am assuming that the babys gender is female? if it is maybe you can pick the babys first name and have him choose that relitives name to be the middle name.. in my family all the middle names is Jo. our great grand dads name was joseph and our great grand mother name was josephine so from then on the childrens middle names have been jo. we have some such as kylee jo, mathew jo, kerrianne jo, willy jo, micheal jo.... so maybe thats something you can do for your husband.
Old January 26th, 2010, 05:21 PM

when naming my son my husband and i sure had some problems agreeing on the perfect name for him. we talked about naming him after some people in our family then we thought of some creative names as well as some biblical names.. we finally agreed on the name Jacob. i think its very up to date and its common enough but not to over used.
Old January 26th, 2010, 06:36 PM

try naming your baby something very ethnic.. the way it has alot more meaning that the simple brittney or micheal names that everybody names their children. my friends parents all named them very ethnic names such at walid. it was very diffrent but i like it better than having the same name as every body else.
Old January 27th, 2010, 03:53 PM

when it comes down to it its okay to be a little selfish.. remember this is something between you and your husband. so pick names the two of you like dont mind what anyone else thinks becasue in the end thats your child yourt bringing into the world. so its up to you
Old January 27th, 2010, 05:28 PM

yeah i have a few names picked out for my kids but they are always changing .. so who know what names i will like 10 yrs from now. but i agree when it comes to certain things its okay to be selfish.
Old January 29th, 2010, 11:39 AM

i hear you guys on the whole its ok to be selfish, but then again it took both of you to bring this baby into the world so i think both should agree on the name.. if you name the baby something you can always give him/her a nickname that you call him/her by. and then one of you can name him/her what you like and then if you give a nickname then call your child by the nickname.
Old January 29th, 2010, 02:04 PM

naming your baby together is something special that should be done between both parents.. simply because when you have a baby then you will be calling the child by this name for the rest of their life. make sure you both really like this name.. a friend of mine named their child melissa candice. the dad wanted melissa and the mom wanted candice, then ended up calling her by her middle name her whole life because they liked candice better for her. its an important decision.
Old January 30th, 2010, 04:39 PM

Just tell him that you do not want to name the baby after his relative, it bothers you. Be truthful, honest, and he should listen. Otherwise, try to negotiate with him as well. You don't want to give the child a name you don't like, one that'll live with for a long while, right?