Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Fitness and Exercise

Old January 22nd, 2010, 12:58 PM

Default food for fitness..

what are some of the foods that your consuming while also doing work outs to lose weight. my friend says she does monthly detox and it helps with washing out all the negative foods in her systems and it helps to influence weightloss. my cousin chooses to eat a certain type of salad and she swears that it helps you lose the weight and to keep the weight off. i am hoping that it really works i think im going to try both..
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:33 PM

some things you can try and eat to assist you with diet and weight loss are power bars.. they usually are packed up protein and other healthy elements and they also keep you full with out having to snack on things that might be unhealthy. you can also drink smoothies simply because they are really healthy and if you can may your own at home fresh juices thats the best and its really healthy for you!
Old January 22nd, 2010, 04:21 PM

I read an article on yahoo recently and it says that eating bananas and yogurt can help you lose weight or keep your weight down because I guess it keeps you full for awhile. I guess it is pretty true but I don't know I guess you just have to try and see if it helps. But obviously you probably wont be able to only eat those things but I think they just help. also there was something about the potassium of bananas that helps so it said eating other fruits with a lot of potassium will help.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 11:46 AM

I think that if you just eat a balanced meal you should be fine. And if you want to eat fast food...chipotle or subway is your best bet. But I'm current loosing weight and all I eat what I normally eat just in a smaller portion. And its all balanced meals!!! I eat a salad with my lunch and dinner and then for breakfast I eat my regular breakfast with some kind of fruit. Dietary supplements and stuff like that never worked for me...so I stick with the old school and exercise.
Old February 5th, 2010, 05:57 PM

I think eating yogurt and bananas will help. Though I could never stick with my plans to eat more yogurt and less other stuff. But I do think that yogurt does help because I read an article about it. I also think eating salads help too but only if they aren't drowned in dressing or if they are the dressing is not to fatty.
Old February 6th, 2010, 05:49 PM

The detox sounds a little risky for me. Personally, the thing that I do is that I decrease the amount of food that I eat every day since I used to eat a whole lot of food in general, so now, I'm on my way to losing weight as long as I don't eat anything with consecutively high calories.
Old February 8th, 2010, 03:20 PM

I would just implement more greeny vegetables into my diet. Not neccesarily changing everything so drastically. You want to start off slow and then ease up to cutting out all bad foods altogether. Its hard to change your diet and to do it you have to be extremly disciplined. It's easy for me to eat healthy because my family eats healthy and I'm at home most of the time so Its either eat the healthy food or go hungry. And healthy food can be tasty...there are tons of healthy recipes out there online and via cookbooks....
Old February 17th, 2010, 12:18 PM

So like I get what you guys are saying about how hard it is to eat healthy especially if you're a snacker like me. I love snacking its crazy!!! And I'm trying to loose weight so this is really hard for me. But My mom just bought there veggie snacks and they're really good. ITs like veggie puff chips and pea snacks. They taste so good!!! I love them!! I wish I had some right now.
Old February 20th, 2010, 05:50 PM

I just simply try to eat less of what I normally eat. Usually, I don't like to count calories if I have to, and I would much prefer to eat regularly, so instead, I just eat less.

I don't know about detoxing or being on any special diet. The onyl one that worked was South Beach, but even then, I prefer to just eat less of what I normally eat.
Old March 27th, 2010, 03:08 PM

I agree with Phoebe. I just try to eat less in general. Other than cutting back on basic foods, I guess what I try to drink and eat would have to be sports drinks and bars just for the sake of going "I'm working out! "

Well, okay, I don't do that anymore, but it was awesome. xD