Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > DVD Blue Ray Exchange

Old January 19th, 2010, 04:25 PM

Default blurays i dont like them

i really dont like the fact that the blu rays are so much more expensive than regualar dvds and i really dont see a big diffrence between the two. except one is high def while the other is not.. it really dosent seem to make a diffrence unless you have a big screen tv and that is also a tv the supports high def dvds.
Old January 19th, 2010, 04:36 PM

yeah really i never really got the point of the whole blue ray craze.. i think its a guy thing becasue alot of gusy always have tohave there blue ray dvds and i cannot tellthe difference.. i mean a dvd is a dvd right,
Old January 22nd, 2010, 12:48 PM

it must be a guy thing, my boy is the same way he bought a blu ray player for my house simply because he says a regular dvd isnt as good as a blu ray, i couldnt tell the diffrence but he swears he can tell when its just a regular dvd and when its a blu ray. oh all is see is that there just more expensive than a regular dvd.. men and the things that they feel that they must own.. haha
Old January 23rd, 2010, 06:18 PM

From what I can tell, the conversion into Blu-Ray is mixed, as some movies look better in DVD, but look fantastic in Blu-Ray so it's a mixed bag. Personally, I think I'd only get a Blu-Ray if it comes in a Playstation 3 mainly because I can do mroe with it than play movies, ya know?
Old January 25th, 2010, 04:01 PM

I think that they're expensive but I agree with Frederica that it depends on the movie. I didn't have to bother with buying one becuase my dad bought one for me for christmas. I can tell the difference. But its minimal if not slight. I love it though because it was a gift...well free. But my dude is always over watching movies...its sooo annoying because he takes up all my space that I had to myself when I had a dvd player only...
Old January 26th, 2010, 04:17 PM

i hate blurays idk why but i think that they scratch alot easier than a regular dvd. i think that they should just keep it with dvds and nothing else simply because of the way and the cost of having to buy a new bluray player and the more expensive bluray dvds.
Old January 27th, 2010, 12:27 PM

The only problem I have with BluRays are that they're so expensive....and so are the discs...DVD's are cheaper and so is the DVD player soooo why even bother. I know they say its High Def and all that but man...IDK it looks the same to me. I like the idea but until I absolutely have to buy one I'm not getting one. It'll probably be like what happend with VHS...doubt anytime soon though becuase our Economy is sooo bad and people aren't spending that much on entertainment as they used too before.
Old February 1st, 2010, 04:40 PM

My big thing with the BluRay is the price. I think its cool that its high def or whatever they call it. But I mean does it have to be an arm and a leg to buy? Especially if you have a dvd player in great condition...and ontop of all that the bluray dvds are highly priced as well. They need to lower thier prices for regular people to buy them. As long as my dvd keeps ticking....I won't need to get one.
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:44 PM

I agree with Edana I think most people's problem truely is the price. I mean if it was cheaper or the same price as a DVD player people won't have a problem at all with it probably. I too have a problem with a price. And I seriously think that it should be lowered....Its too expensive where its at right now...especially if there's nothing wrong with your DVD player anyway....you think to yourself why go out and buy a bluray player when my dvd player works great?....
Old February 13th, 2010, 06:06 PM

Well, for movies, DVDs may be just perfect since you can fit a high quality video file on the disc and some extras depending on how big the DVD is.

Blu-Ray may be a little much in terms of space.....BUT I will say it is perfect for other things such as PS3 games for one, and other future applications will take advantage of Blu-Ray.

Here's to the future.