Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Fitness and Exercise

Old January 12th, 2010, 06:40 PM

Default pre snowboarding stretches?

i am going to be going snowboarding within the next week and when ever i go snowboarding i always seem to pull a musscle and feel all blah after or be compleatly sore that its not worth is.. i am lookking to find some stretches that can losen up my legs and thighs and so maybe i wont be so sore after. and maybe i would be able to snowboard for two days in a row.. im a very active person but it seems every time i go snowboarding i come home with either a pulled musscle or super sore legs..
Old January 13th, 2010, 11:08 AM

Totally understand...same thing happens to me. The thing that I do is before I head up to the mountains I go and a short jogg. Kinda loosen up my muscles a bit. Also you should stretch before and after your job and walk a little bit after your jog as a cool down. I hardly get sore anymore snowboarding...skiing different story though...nothing can subside that pain lol
Old January 13th, 2010, 05:20 PM

oooo snowboarding.. ive never been , seems liek alot of fun tho and ive alwasy wanted to learn how too.. haha ihear your super sore after buthey im up for it.. as for streches im not sure im know of any haha so thats not much help maybe google it? or ask around
Old January 15th, 2010, 11:33 AM

well when i go snowboarding i usually do like the splits..( or as much as i can) i do lunges just a couple to kinda get my legs ready to do work.. sometimes ill pull my foot to my but to stretch my hamstrings and things like that. i usually dont pull anything if i simply do a few stretches like that. so i try and jsut keep it simple but still warm up at the same time. i think its best to always warm up as much as you can.
Old January 15th, 2010, 02:05 PM

i have never had this problem when i go to the mountain. i usually just clip right on to my board and im totally fine. i could imagine that one might need to prep better when they do not go to the mountain that often i al very lucky to live only an hour away from the local ski snowboard heaven. we usually head up there twice a week and practice. i have even been putting my daughter on a board that was custom made so we can try and start teaching her how to snow board.. its funny the looks we get from the people on the lifts when i have to pick her up to put her on the chair lift.
Old January 19th, 2010, 02:59 PM

snowboarding in one of my favortie past times.. when i lived in southern california i loved when winter season came so i could go up to big bear and go snowboarding. now that i moved i havent been. the best thing i could say for a warm up stretch would be to touch your toes.. and do lunges because you use alot of leg musscles so it best to warm them up if you can so that way you dont have to worrie about stretching or ripping a musscle.
Old January 26th, 2010, 06:22 PM

congrats harmoney on your son almost being pro. i also agree that snowboarding is such a great sport but i also agree that skiing is a great hobbie as well. there are so many great resorts located all over the united states, vail/ Dorango colorado, park city/ salt lake city utah, big bear californian. there are so many great places that you can learn as well as ride hard.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 11:23 AM

Snowboarding is no different from your regular work out. Every part of you is going to be sore after you're finished. But you'll feel great during and after. As far as stretching goes just stretch how you normally would when you're about to have an intense work out. Especially with you thighs and arms. And when you stretch take your time and don't rush through it. By doing that you might cut down on the soreness a little bit.
Old February 16th, 2010, 05:17 PM

aww i love going snowboarding, its the best thing to do durring the winter, man i love going to the mountains and having a blast. i still to this day remember my very first trip up the mountain to go snowboarding, they got me on the lift and then when i found out i was going to the top of the mountain i was like ohh crap ima die.. anyways i fell getting off the lift and fell countless times during the day and my butt and knees hurt for days.. i walked so funny it was the worst...
Old February 8th, 2010, 04:01 PM

If I were you I would just do regular stretches. Theres really no specially stretches for snowboarding. Just make sure you stretch throughly. Thats for sure. I haven't been in sooo long. Usually I go every year but I haven't gone this year yet. Hopefully I'll get to go soon. Its been long overdue thats for sure. I know this season's been extra long because of the rain so thats good I still have a chance.