Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > Movies Reviews and Recommendations

Old January 12th, 2010, 06:20 PM

Default idk why but i enjoy watching movies (sad) that touch your heart.

has any body seen the movie my sisters keeper, or the boy in striped pajamas? both are sad in their own ways... my sisters keeper is based on a true story where a girl was dying and her parents had another child so the new baby can be a perfect match with the sick dying child.. its really sad how this story line goes. the movie the boy in striped pajamas is sad because it has to do with the nazi concentration camps and how a german boy and a jewish boy become friends through the fence and then it really tells a story and it is extreamly sad how they killed off the jewish population.
Old January 13th, 2010, 11:55 AM

I haven't seen The Boy in Striped Pajamas. But I have seen My sister's Keeper. It's really sad I have to admit. I know that there's a book out there but I never got around to actually reading it. My mom has it somewhere. But I wanted to wait awhile so she could finish the whole thing. But it is sad. And what makes it touch your heart even more is that its based on a true story. I'll have to check out the other movie though thats for sure.
Old January 15th, 2010, 02:16 PM

some girl who went to my highschool was born for the same thing the girl in the movie was. she was genetically created to so she can be an exact match for her older sister. they were in the time magazine. This happened back in i think 1989 or 1990. you can actually look up their story im not sure if the movie is based on their story or someone elses like theirs.. you can research it on the web im sure but its really sad to hear that children are actually born to do this for other siblings.
Old January 25th, 2010, 04:45 PM

Wow thats crazy. But my sister's keeper was really sad. I almost cried when I was watching this movie. It was sooo sad that the girl had to go through that but then ontop of that you had to problem with the sister...which broke my heart. But It was a good watch...I'm trying to get my hands on the book. I think my mom has it but I keep forgeting to ask her.
Old February 1st, 2010, 05:39 PM

I'm the totally opposite of you. I'm not into watching sad movies because I'm a cryer. And it really makes people mad in the movie theatres. Just kidding.
I like watching them too...They hit the spot lol...I have seen My sister's keeper and I really liked it. It was a great family film in a sense. Shows how far a mothers love can go in relation to her child.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 02:46 PM

i wanted to watch the boy in the stripped pajamas heard it was really good.. and yes i saw my sisters keeper and let me tell you i do not cry on any sad movies! my family tells me im like a robot.. well my sisters keeper in theaters i cried it was too sad . but ive seen it 3 times since with my mom and my sister and i only cried that once.
Old February 10th, 2010, 01:36 PM

I never heard about the boy in stripped Pajamas. I'm really going to watch it now. Sounds like a good watch. But sad movies are sometimes good. But for me in moderations because then it effects my mood lol. But I did watch my sister's keeper that was really sad...like I almost cried. Oh schindler's list and the Pianist. OMG those holocaust movies broke me down...I was bawling. Like those movies was sooo sad.
Old February 13th, 2010, 05:43 PM

I honestly don't like many films that try to touch you emotionally because for me, a lot of the emotion is half-assed and you can see it coming a mile away. However, there are few movies that I did get a little teary-eyed and emotionally involved, such as the movie, Life is Beautiful. However, personally, I don't like them that much.
Old February 16th, 2010, 06:23 PM

the movie my sisters keeper is really a sad movie, it really hurts if you put your self in the characters shoes.. it just really becomes sad and when you really think about it there are plenty of people who have children to save their already dying children i personally do not think that its fair to give birth to a child just to keep your other child. anyways i think that its just a good movie all around its just super sad.
Old February 19th, 2010, 05:21 PM

Yeah I kind of like watching those kinds of movies too. But my favorite types of movies are comedies. I like to laugh more than cry. Unless I am laughing so much that I am crying. But yeah I like watching comedies way more but once and awhile it is good to just watch a movie that is sad and touches your heart.