Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Seniors' Health

Old December 23rd, 2009, 04:57 PM

Default sickly Grandmother,

my grandmother is very ill and were hoping that she makes it threw the new year, the reason i am on here reaching out for help is i am wondering if it would be wrong to ask for some peices of her jewerly before she passes. i would love for her to know that i am going to be taking care of the item she gives me.. i would love to get one of her rings that actually have meaning to her. i am not sure if i should ask her or wait till she passes.. im not loooking into this to just gain jewerly but it would me the world to me to own something of my grandmothers that i can keep in my family.
Old January 4th, 2010, 11:59 AM

hmm thats a sticky situation.. i mean i know what you mean i would want to have her permission as well to get one of her rings. i know i talk to my grandma about that right now.. but maybe if shes corrhernt and can carry a conversation you can mention how much you admire the ring..
my great grandfater just passed on newyears day. so i can relate. my thoughts and blessing go out to you and your family
Old January 5th, 2010, 04:47 PM

yeah thats an issue.. to bring it up .. like ohh grandma when you die can i have your ring.. soo i think i would wait unless you over hear someone else talking about it then i wouldnt bring it up just make sure you ask for it.. maybe mention something to your mom who can tell your grandma or maybe your dad or a close aunt
Old February 5th, 2010, 02:19 PM

if i was you i would talk to your grandma and ask her if you could have one of her rings. and simply tell her why you are asking and tell her why it would mean so much to you if you were able to have one of her rings.. my grandmother gave me a ring, shes still alive but for a while she had been sick so i asked her about it and she gave me a ring but i was visiting my in-laws and i lost the center stone, so i called her and was totally upset about it but i kept the rest of the ring to hopefully have it replaced some time...
Old February 9th, 2010, 05:02 PM

wow thats a real bummer about the ring from your grandma im really sorry to hear about that.. my grandparents were all gone once i was old enough to remember them.. but my one grandma left me a 3ct. diamond ring that she got from her mother.. so i am very lucky to have this ring.. i do not wear it i keep it locked in a safe at my house im to afraid to lose it..
Old February 16th, 2010, 05:42 PM

sorry to hear about the loss of your stone on your ring. as far as asking your sickly grandmother about getting one of her rings.. im not too sure how to answer this question. it all depends on how close you are too her, if you arnt really that close to her and you ask her she might just think that you want this ring for the wrong reasons... but if you are close and you ask then maybe it wont be bad..
Old February 17th, 2010, 03:41 PM

sick grandmothers and their beloved possesions are never good topics at any time.. i really worrie about hearing you say that you are wanting to ask your grandma for jewlery while shes sick and dying.. but put your self in here shoes, you dont wanna give away your stuff till your dead so just maybe talk to family memebers and ask them if you could possibably have one of her rings..
Old February 17th, 2010, 03:48 PM

I don't think you should come straight out and ask for her ring unless your grandma is a straight up person. But you should just be like...I love you GMA and I'll carry you around in my heart forever...and jokingly bring up the symbolism...like it would mean a lot to me if I am able to have something to always remember you by in a symbolic sense. That probably doesn't sound all that great...but all i'm tryin to say is just come about it smoothly don't come off like you just want her ring. Or just don't bring it up...that'll be better. I'm sure you'll end up with something of hers.
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:35 PM

i got a ring from my grandma for my birthday and i really liked it. i am no longer able to wear it but i would like to get a few more peices of her jewlery to keep and it would mean alot.. personally i dont know if i would be able to ask her or if i would just have to hope that she chooses to give me somethign.. anyways i just cherish everymin shes here on earth with us.