Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Seniors' Health

Old December 12th, 2009, 03:46 PM

Default Help!

My mom is very ill. She has a diease that attacks her bones, namely her spine. She recently fell down at work and fractured her hip bone , but thats not the huge problem. She has fuzed sections of her spine from the diease. We are not sure, but its thought that she twisted her back when she fell and now she cant walk. She doesnt get workmans comp because its a pre exisiting condition. Her doctor is saying she can go back to work, but she cant walk! her job is cleaning a werehouse and the other is runnign robots to make cuts in pipes. She cant walk so I dont see how she can work these two jobs. Ive been trying to get her to get SSI Disablity but they said she cant work for 6 months before they will approve her. HELP! I need advice to help her.
Old December 14th, 2009, 06:47 PM

wow thats terrible im sorry about that. seriously i really am. and yeah your right how can she go back to work when she cant walk. i mean its something thats not going to be cured over night. im sorry to hear about this
Old December 15th, 2009, 04:05 PM

thats the worst when you get hurt and they wont help you out untill 6 months have passed. things get tough when injurys happen. my father in law fell and hurt his back like 5 years ago and hes still having problems with them. and hes working on getting a settlement but they are not wanting to pay him the expenses he needs to survive.
Old December 21st, 2009, 04:39 PM

My heart goes out to you and your family.

You should look into getting some legal advice into what to do next. Maybe if someone in your family is a lawyer they can better advice you on what to do. I dont understand how the doctor could approve your mom to work when she appearantly can't....some doctor.

I hope everything works out though.
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:19 PM

i really dont know what to say. im very sorry to hear about your mother. the doctor shouldnt be releasing her back to work if she cant work. and state disability should be covering it simply because she cant walk, it takes alot of pushing to get them to give you money but if you just keep fighting for it they will give you the money
Old February 27th, 2010, 04:24 PM

Have you thought of trying to sue the company? Because it doesn't sound like her disease is one that she previously had while on the job for so long, and you might be able to wing that soslution. Personally.....I would try that if the disease was new when she was with the company because it doesn't like a preexisting condition me.
Old March 6th, 2010, 06:41 PM

As much as I would dislike Quintana's suggestion, it may or may not be a bad idea....after all, this is really a bad situation, so sometimes, a situation may call for drastic solutions to be honest. D:

I would try to ask questions still, I'm not sure what else I can think of.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 11:49 AM

wow im sorry to hear that. seriously i mean there has to be a way maybe hire a laywer?? it doesnt hurt to try , maybe seek some professional advince on the situation. hopefully everything has worked it self out already if not good luck to you and youit family and your mom will stay in my prayers