Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Fitness and Exercise

Old December 9th, 2009, 03:28 PM

Default little walks.

okay lets face it.. whose gaining some so called "holiday weight" i know i am and its showing.. over and over again haha so yeah i need to start walking again just to burn off some more calories and just keep myself activie. but i will admit.. sometimes i get a little bored walking around the same places.. any suggesttion?
Old December 9th, 2009, 04:34 PM

maybe you can alternate routes like on some days go one day and other days go another.

or you can also cnange the songs on your ipod. so that way whern you go it doesnt seem like routine with the same places and same music
Old December 11th, 2009, 12:32 PM

i love going walking but i usually like it when somebody goes walking with me other wise i find it hard to continue to keep walking i get bored even with my ipod so if i have a walking buddy then it keeps me busy and i dont notice that our workouts almost done. my friend lives by the beach so once a week we go walking on the beach for our work out. its the best and its so relaxing.
Old December 11th, 2009, 04:10 PM

Yeah I agree I think trying different places is a good way to keep it interesting. I also agree that it is great to have a friend to walk with. That way even if you are bored of listening to your ipod then you can just talk and walk. I mean for me sometimes i can walk a lot just with someone to talk to because you just don't know how much time has past when you really get into a conversation.
Old December 12th, 2009, 04:25 PM

I know what you mean. I myself have gained a bit of weight. In fact if this keeps up Im goign to have to go get new jeans which I do not wnt to do. lol. Walking is a good idea. I was just on here looking for some ideas to help me melt off the pounds. Well besides not having that extra slice of pie !
Old December 14th, 2009, 12:43 PM

Do lunges and yoga type stuff in between to kinda switch things up a little bit. It works for me, maybe it would work for you. also you can do Tai Chi i know in my neighborhood they have a group that meets in the park and they will teach you how to do it...it really relaxes your muscles and your senses...its weird at first but now i love doing it.
Old December 16th, 2009, 10:52 AM

You could go to the store and buy work out videos like Pilates or yoga or turbo...those things are such a work out. Even Aerobics is a killer. I feel like if I had a harder work out doing those versus running. Its really fun too...and sometimes its just only 30 minutes so you'll be done before you know it. At first they can be hard and you might not be able to get through the work out with the accuracy that the instructors do but eventually you'll have it down.
Old December 21st, 2009, 11:36 AM

Give yourself more options however slighly different they maybe. You can always jog different routes or buy some home workout DVDs and do those just to switch things around a bit. Its not that hard to switch things up once you get the hang of it. Try to just go with the flow of working out...Yes working out has a flow lol...Dont just focus on loosing weight but also toning your body.
Old December 30th, 2009, 12:50 PM

You can try biking that might be good. There are alot of trails that you can bike on especially if you like in the suburbs...also some major parks have bike lanes that you can bike on. Also you can go to the gym and sign up for their different classes that they offer...or even start taking a dance class which Is alot of fun. You can also buy dvds and do in home workouts. Those are great for cold days when you dont feel like going outside but you want to work out some how.
Old January 6th, 2010, 02:45 PM

I get bored doing the same thing. Like and it sucks for me because I have little dogs that I have to take walking when I got out on walks because they gooo crazy...no joke. But they always want to go the same way. And wouldn't want to walk if I choose a different route. They say poodles are smart dogs but man they weren't kidding. The pet trainer said that I'll have to force them...but come on they're only 6 months old roughly...THey're just babies...but she says I better do it now or they'll never change....