Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Seniors' Health

Old December 1st, 2009, 05:30 PM

Default the nentendo Ds or the Dsi

i read about all of the people posting "getting grandma a wii" and other posts. im thinking about buying the DS with the brain game thing. the one that asks simple questions like math, puzzles, and trivia questions. i think that would be better for gift that the wii, you cant survive just on an able body, your need a healthy mind as well so im thinking this will be a better option. any body disagree with me?
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:29 PM

I kinda understand where you're coming from. It would be great to keep they're wheels turning in thier heads. I never thought about getting that as a gift for my grans. I always saw being active physically as being the most important thing but being mentally active is important too. Ima look into getting that for ma Grann
Old January 8th, 2010, 01:43 PM

im sure she"ll love it thats actually a great idea i should get my grandma that also.. i mean she worls out all the time going to the gym and then taking zumba classes and i know she would love this.
Old January 9th, 2010, 05:27 PM

I think a Wii may be easier in my opinion because of the health aspect while a DSi is more or less a big multimedia device for young people, at least in my opinion. If you just want to get them games, you'd probably want to get them a regular DS instead of a DSi, at least, that's what I think.
Old January 15th, 2010, 02:52 PM

i think its very important to keep seniors brains healthy as well. my grandma has a very healthy brain but here body is all wore out. so if she keeps her brain sharp then it makes up for her having a woren out body. i have been trying to keep her active but its really hard to keep her active when shes looking to just relax all the time. all she wants to do is watch tv and do nothing else so we bought her a wii and she has been actually been playing with the great grand babies. its good for both.
Old January 19th, 2010, 03:22 PM

theres so many positive stories about the wii no matter what i read it seems that the best gift to give. i recently bought a wii for my family but its a valentimes day gift so hopefully everybody enjoys it and it really gives the family a benifit. im looking foward to opening it and actually starting the wii fitness bundle. and the wii yoga. i wonder how there really like im hoping that its like real yoga not some weird wanna be.
Old February 20th, 2010, 06:30 PM

I think the Wii or the DS would be a great gift for them. Personally, I say that it depends on the kind of games you want to get them. I think if you ever want to buy them a Game Boy Advance game they like, or if they want to play any of those games, they would have to get a regular DS or a DS Lite. The DSi has no support for GBA, which is a turn off for me, but that's me.
Old March 16th, 2010, 05:42 PM

i wouldn't mind getting my grandma a nintendo ds/dsi. i just hope my grandma would be willing to play with it. i mean she has grand childrens that is at the age from 4 that plays with the ds.. some grandparents are open to it.. like oh yeah im playing with my grandchildren mario kart but some will just feel humiliated
Old March 18th, 2010, 05:48 PM

hey that sounds like a good idea.. getting my grandpa a nintendo ds.. a good way to bond with him!!! i just hope he would accept the gift of playing games with the grandchildren!!! what kind of games would u guys recommend for my grandpa!?!? i don't really play games so any cool games will help
Old March 27th, 2010, 03:36 PM

I'm not sure, personally, if the DS would be a good i9dea, because they just announced the Nintendo 3DS, which basically makes your game playng more in 3-D to give the illusion of depth.....although to be honest, I don't see how it'll work especially since the DS can make 3-D Graphics already....so yah.