Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > General

Old November 21st, 2009, 06:54 PM

Default Portable CD Players

OK so we don't have a section dedicated to music, but why not talka bout it anyways? So, we all ahve an iPod or Zoon or something that plays our music. So why are portable CD players still so expensive?! It makes no sense, they were over priced when they were popular and still are now that no one uses them. I still have CDs but I havent actually bought a CD in at least a year or longer. I really only buy my music through iTunes and put it on CDs as backup. who else?
Old December 9th, 2009, 01:34 PM

You're just shopping at the wrong stores. They main electronic stores are expensive and I made the mistake of buying a CD player when it first came out for 50 bucks...Theres this discount store that I always go to that sells CD players for cheap really. The cheapest I've seen was around 10 bucks...I bought my little cousin one she loves it...
Old December 12th, 2009, 06:19 PM

Stores still have portable CD players? Do they still have walkmens too?! Omg I would so get one just to give it to my kids. They would have no idea what to do with it lol. At least they know what VHSs are. We still have one of those duel players and old movies on VHS.
Old December 14th, 2009, 02:43 PM

hahahah...i remember I used to have a walkman that was a long time ago though...I was so happy when I got it too. Looking back those were the good times. Now with ipods its just not the same to me. I have two ipods...i lost one ( its somewhere in my room so technically its not lost lost) but the other one I still have. I love the ipod i think it was a great invention and all but I still like the simpleness of a cd player.
Old January 8th, 2010, 03:53 PM

That is pretty weird I mean I would of thought that CD players would be cheap now because no one wants to buy them. But I guess you really just need to go to the right place to buy them. I still have my old CD player but I dont use it anymore. It pretty much just lies there though sometimes my siblings need to borrow it for their piano test the listening section of it.
Old January 9th, 2010, 06:18 PM

CD Players are still expensive? And they're still being made? Woah.....too much. D:

I remember when I carried a CD Player, I had it in my backpack so I can listen to it inbetween classes, and on top of that, I had a whole container of CDs with me....now, everything I want in terms of music is actually in my phone now. XDDD It's amazing hwo far we've come.
Old January 11th, 2010, 05:04 PM

You're probably shopping at the wrong places...at discount stores I say some for less than 20 bucks. I would've bought one but I already have one so I didn't bother. I bought my Nephew one though. He loves it. He's only 6 so I thought why not? He'll probably get an ipod in a couple years anyway. But I know If you go to a regular electronic store its really expensive.
Old January 13th, 2010, 01:29 PM

When I bought my 1st CD player it was like 50 bucks...and it was an mp3 player aswell...but I never figured out how to work the dumb thing so I ended up never using it...even to this day I can't figure it out. and trust me I've tried so many time. I've had it for almos 8 years now and it works like a charm...so I'm guessing the $50 was a long term investment...thats a good way to look at it.
Old January 16th, 2010, 06:27 PM

I think I had a really cheapo CD Player on hand back in the day, the one that was worth 10 bucks and is easily breakable. I had to hold it a certain way in order for to start playing and had to keep it in position. It was not good. D:

But it was still a CD Player that I listened to a lot in high school
Old January 19th, 2010, 04:31 PM

the only cd players i own in the one in my car and my sterio system in my house, i usually buy my music off of itunes and other sites and then just burn them onto cds for the cars that i do not have a direct connect for my ipod. i think its crazy how popular the cassetts were then the potatble cd players then now its ipods.. everything is digital. i bought my friend a vintage hello kitty cd player and she loves it..