Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Fitness and Exercise

Old November 9th, 2009, 12:02 PM

Default Much Needed Motivation

For those of you who workout on a regular basis, I'm curious to know what keeps you guys going. What is you motivation for wanting to stay in shape and stay fit?

I'm not trying to be nosey I'm just interested in knowing how other people are motivated to work out so maybe I can get some ideas on how to stay motivated too.
Old November 14th, 2009, 02:34 PM

I have a buddy I work out with. There used to be three of us, but do to work he can't anymore. We made a pack, the three of us, to keep one another motivated. It helps on those days when you really don't feel like going out and running when your buddy is pounding on your front door relentlessly. We wanted to get into shape for our health. A friend of ours dad passed away from heart problems due to his poor health. That was enough to get us going.
Old November 14th, 2009, 04:38 PM

I motivate myself by giving myself treats after a good work out. It seems silly, but it really does work. Also, my work outs have come out of things I enjoy doing in the first place. I am not a runner. I don't like to run, but I do like seeing the park. I do like to ride my bike, so I mixed the two. I ride my bike through the park, but not on the paths. I ride on the grass to give myself an extra workout.
Old November 17th, 2009, 04:07 PM

Music keeps me motivated.. i make a few diffrent play lists on my ipod and i work out while listing to them. i also love to go dancing and so when im out at a club doing salsa or line dancing im getting a pretty good work out so i would have to say music is my best motivater. everything is better with music.
Old November 19th, 2009, 05:44 PM

working out is all about motivation. what you're doing it for.. remember to keep in my the reason why you working out.. to stay healthy.. to stay in shape.. to be a 70 year olds with some nice thighs that can easily beat a 40 ^_^
Old November 20th, 2009, 05:45 PM

I really need some motivation I am super lazy especially now that I am feeling sick. but I really need get out and start working out. I think since i really want to go on this study abroad thing during the summer I will work out so I can look good when I do go. I just really need to start. I think the hardest part is to just start after that you just have to continue. I think about starting everyday but i never actually do which is bad. hopefully this weekend will be the weekend that i start. I will probably just start off with walking around the park or something.
Old December 9th, 2009, 11:23 AM

At first I start out with something simple such as taking my dogs on a long walk for a workout or take them to the park and run around with them. Then when I actually felt like I was in good shape I started working out with my boyfriend. Thanks to him I'm in really good shape. I think its way better when you have someone you can work out with especially if you're a very competitive person, it motivates you to be better than the other person.
Old December 16th, 2009, 10:59 AM

Dont we all need motivation for working out. I usually try to buddy system thing, where I work out with my bestfriend and we push eachother. Being that I'm better than her at somethings and she better than me in others. Its fun that way because not only do you bond more you actually enjoy working out. My main motivation to staying in shape is because I run charity races and people sponsor me and the better the time I get the more money I raise for the cause I'm running for. But the buddy thing really works!!!
Old December 21st, 2009, 11:30 AM

I'm pretty motivated when It comes to staying fit because working out as crazy as it may sound actually clears my mind. Its something about aggressively working off the steam and frustrations of the day. But I understand that not everyone is like this...I know that first hand. My advice would be to workout with your friends maybe even start a workout group where you guys can all work out together while having fun.
Old December 30th, 2009, 12:53 PM

Reading this has given me some really neat ideas for what I should be doing to help keep me interested in working out on a dially basis. I like the buddy idea...the problem is finding someone who's not lazy and would want to work out everyday. I can do it but its different for everyone. Maybe I'll get my roomate to consider it because she's been complaining about her weight issue for awhile. But thanks to who ever started this topic...