Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Fitness and Exercise

Old November 7th, 2009, 04:35 PM

Default Health Problems and Workouts

Hi guys,
I need some advice. I used to be a really active person, but do to a back condition I had to give up a lot of what I used to do. I can't run or lift weights. I need some sort of work out that is low stress. I'm starting to get a belly from my lack of well, doing anything. I've been trying water workouts. What do you guys think of those? Any ideas for anything else?
Old November 9th, 2009, 10:44 AM

You can try doing low impact aerobics workouts. They just help you keep upp your movement and its not as strenuous as regular aerobics workouts. It helps you tone muscles, which it sounds like you are trying to do. And you go at a slow pace so it should go in sync with your problem. I hope that helps, Good Luck.
Old November 10th, 2009, 04:38 PM

i was actually in an off roading accident back in april and i fractured my vertebra, i used to be a jazz dancer and i was super flexable. after my accident i could barley bend foward or backwards.. i took yoga before my accident well after months of physical therepy nothing helped except yoga.. ive gained much of my flexibility back. if i were you i would try out some yoga classes.. im talking like twice a week for atleast 3 months.. thats all that has helped me.. doctors had given up and said i would nvr be flexible like i was before the accident.. well good new is im almost back to where i was b4 the accident.
Old November 14th, 2009, 02:37 PM

Water work outs sounds good except if you don't have a heater or indoor pool. Winter is coming and burrr! lol Yoga or something along those lines is both popular and you could prolly get some of your friends to do it with you. What about just going for easy walks? Its not too hard on you and it keeps you moving.
Old November 21st, 2009, 06:39 PM

Yoga I would have to agree is a great place to start. There are also stuff you can do like just walking that will help you get back in shape. There is this workout that is full of doing stuff like weeding and cleaning (mopping your floor) that they have made into work outs to do while your doing normal stuff. You should google it, you would be getting a work out from the stuff you already do! Plus, it would strengthen your back muscles and help ease some pain.
Old November 24th, 2009, 03:35 PM

i agree yoga is a great thing when trying to get back into shape after an injury. it also helps your mental thoughts because the yoga workout deals with breathing and other things such as meditating help you work though your weak points and do better at your strong points. check the local gym or city hall sometimes they offer classes, either free or for a small fee. great way to work you way back into the fitness scene.
Old November 25th, 2009, 11:57 AM

Water exercises sound really good. As far as how much stress it'll inflict on your back, I'm not sure, but I think it's good enough.

Personally, I would stick to low impact aerobic exercises or using the machines like a treadmill or a bike. I would get advice from a physical trainer to be honest to see what would be best for you.
Old December 9th, 2009, 02:07 PM

you could try doing low impact high intesity workouts. Like pilates or yoga or even zamba...Yoga hurts, I tried it and even though its slow and relaxing when you get to the intense stretches it leaves you sore for days. I also like doing Aerobics...the one that are like dance moves and stuff like that. Not only are they fun but you get results.
Old December 12th, 2009, 04:09 PM

Zamba is a great suggestion. Doing anything in water is also going to help out too. I was in a car accident a while back and hurt my back. I used water to help get my back better. I hope your feeling better. having a back problem truely is a sucky think.
Old December 21st, 2009, 11:48 AM

Try swimming...you can do pool exercises that would help keep you in shape while you recover from you injuries. You can go online and maybe google some techniques you can follow when you're going through this hard transition. Also there are some stretches you can do that would help loosen up your tention in your hot spots. Doing that slowly would help the workouts be less of a strain on you over time.