Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Cosmetics

Old November 5th, 2009, 06:31 PM

Default Red lipstick

i never had the guts to wear red lipstick out. the only time i ever tried it was when i was in my room playing with makeup. i don't know if it's me but it just doesn't fit me. does red lipstick not work for everyone?? or do you just have to have the right shade? and if that is the case, how do you find it
Old November 9th, 2009, 11:18 AM

I think that anyone can wear red lipstick, you just have to know how to pull it off. Part of that is finding the right shade for your own complexion. So basically find whatever shade of red looks best on you. Its not that hard. You can just go to any department store that has a makeup section and ask the representative for help. They're usually good at stuff like that.
Old November 9th, 2009, 06:08 PM

yeah ive alwasy wanted to wear red lipstick as well.. ive just alwasy thought about it after i have a fullb face of makeup on and im ready to walk out the door.. i need to test it out first idunno how i will look with red lipstick on
Old November 9th, 2009, 06:54 PM

personally i havent tried it but i really have been curious on how it would look on me..im alwasy complainng that i dont know how to apply makeup .. becaseu my freind are like my persona makeup artist when i go out.. haha and myn moms is always like.. try playing around and then you'll learn i need to get to that
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:59 PM

idk some say red lipstick can be worn by anybody. i beg to differ. i have seen some ladies who need to not be wearing red lipstick because it looks really really bad. ive my self have tried to wear red lipstick and i decided against it before i left the house because i think it looked horrible. ive even went to the cosmetic counter and had them pick out the shade of red that looks best on me.. and remember red is to be worn when dressed up not for causal wear
Old November 11th, 2009, 06:04 PM

yeah i agree not everyone can pull it off.. but im sure theres one shade of red out there that is perfexct for your skin color.. you just have to find it.. i have never tried.. i would love too tho it looks gorgeous on.
Old December 9th, 2009, 03:59 PM

ive always wanted to see how red lipstick would look on my.. but the truth is ive never tried or even attempted to try i think im going to go to the store and buy some red lipstick and then im going to buy some eyeshadows as well becase i do not know how to apply eyeshawdo: as all
Old December 12th, 2009, 04:55 PM

I think the big thing is that red lipstick does take guts to wear. If your not confident while wearing it then its not goign to look good. Also, if your going to wear red, go on the darker side if your pale, and the bright red if your darker skinned. Its suppose to be dramatic. Its a good idea to do dark smokey eyes with it.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 01:31 PM

red lipstick makes me look so silly i was going to an awards show and i was planning on wearing an outfit that would typically look good to wear with red lipstick.. well aparently with my skin tone i cant wear red it lookied like i was adudition to be a clown. horrible.. i ended up having to change my dress and everything like that. it was horrible.
Old January 29th, 2010, 05:45 PM

I have only worn red lipstick like once and it was for a ballet performace when i was little. It looked ok but I really don't think I could pull it off as an everyday look I am just not that kind of person. I like more natural colors for everyday use like pale pinks and those of that nature. I just can't wear anything too bold or I just feel super awkward which is bad because all I will be able to think about is the lipstick or I will just keep wanting to go wipe it off.