Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old October 29th, 2009, 02:44 PM

Default Over easy eggs bad for you?

I love having my eggs over easy. Some people think it's disgusting.. But I was wondering.. is it okay for me to eat over easy eggs if it's not cooked to the core? It's like a sunny side up but it has a decent outter layer.. but when you pop your fork through it.. the yolk starts oozing out. (I love it on top of my hashbrowns by the way) But overall.. is it bad?
Old October 31st, 2009, 04:36 PM

I don't think it's bad to cook your eggs overeasy. I'm guess that even though you're cooking it that way,it's still cooked. However, eating a raw egg, I'm sure, can be potentially bad. However. I say that eating an egg overeasy is still good, so I'd keep eating.
Old November 5th, 2009, 05:43 PM

i love my eggs overeasy =) i don't remember what movie did i see it from but they would eat either the whole egg or the egg white for breakfast. like they would drink it before or after a jog. what's that all about? what's the purpose of that? sounds kind of weird..
Old December 4th, 2009, 11:38 AM

the only thing that could be bad its the clear slimy stuff if thats not cooked till its white it might harbor bacterias like samanela or other harmful bacterias. i eat my eggs over medium where the white is all cooked and the yoke is still runny thats how i have eaten my eggs since i was little i would say its totally fine to cook your eggs like that.
Old December 7th, 2009, 12:07 PM

i think Lynn answered your question really well, because thats what I heard too. I personally like my eggs all they way done with nothing running or oozing out of it, I just get them scrambled. I tried it sunny side up and I almost through up, Never again!! But I don't think its bad for you I just think that you need to be careful because we've been having alot of problems lately with things of that nature. Just make sure nothing's funny with your egg!!!
Old December 7th, 2009, 06:53 PM

idunno.. i never eat the yellow part i love the white part mmmmm soo good actually i shouldnt say i never edi. becaseu i will occansially with liek bacon or i use to alot when i was younger and i think thats why i hate it now.. but i never once got sick soo idunno how bad it is for you
Old December 8th, 2009, 12:56 PM

ive never heard anything about that.. well you kow the news they are alwasy saying something is bad for you.. then a month later its good for your heart and blah blah but i dont recall hearing anything about this. anyways.. i love egg white i make over easy eyes and just eat the outter part soo good.
Old December 21st, 2009, 01:17 PM

im not sure if its bad per se. But I personally dont like my eggs runny I like them done all the way through and I also like them scrambled. Its just something about runny eggs ( I call them that but i guess its called over easy) that looks nasty to me. My dad eats them that way all the time and he hasn't gotten sick so I dont think it necessarily bad for you.
Old December 30th, 2009, 01:44 PM

I've always been told when I was younger that runny eggs was bad for you. But alot of people eat it and they're fine so I guess nothings wrong with it. I like my eggs completely fried or scrambled. Its just the way I've always done it...I've never had eggs over easy or what ever its called. My guess is that theres nothing wrong with it.
Old January 6th, 2011, 03:00 PM

omgah. i love my eggs over easy. i hate to have it any other way. whenever were out my friends lookat me like ew really over easy? i love the yolk all leaky and i get to mix it when i'm eating my hashbrowns. it's delicious! i had my eggs scrambled before and i really hated it. there's no leaky effect!!! wouldn't have it any other way.