Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old October 29th, 2009, 01:51 PM

Default Swine flu shot for kids

How important is it for kids to get the swine flu vaccine? My little boy didn't get vaccinated yet because he was sick. But I was just curious because I have people telling me that I should wait for my boy to get it. "It might not be quite safe yet". What do you guys think? I should take my little boy to get it before supplies decrease or I should wait this one out?
Old October 30th, 2009, 03:30 PM

I think it is really important if he is really young like 6 months to 24 months but if he is older than that I think it is safe to wait longer. Like i think if he is between those two ages then he is more at risk to get h1n1 so it is better to be safe then sorry right. My cousins have gotten the vaccine and everything is fine with them so i think the vaccine is fine to get now i heard it was just a spray.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 11:23 AM

I think he should get it, just to be safe. My doctor made me get it and I'm almost 18. You should wait until he gets over his little cold that he has right now and then give him the shot. I dont think supplies would run out run out. They would probably make more. Americans awareness kick in when thier kids are concerned. In the end the decision is yours to make. Good Luck!!
Old November 7th, 2009, 04:20 PM

With so many cases of children dying from this flu I would suggest you get it for him. Also get it yourself! There has actually been more testing done on this flu shot than with others in the past because of how deadly this flu is. The doctors are saying this is safe, and those without medical degrees or who have never read any of the test results are saying its not safe. Its like hiring a high schooler to be your lawyer. If it can save your child's life, I suggest doing it. I've got mine and so far all I got was a little headache and an achy arm.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 12:16 PM

it was about a month ago when i was watching the news and some little 7 year old boy in southern california died from the swine flu. makes me so sad =( a lot of people are saying that it is WAY too fast for a vaccine and it's not even proven to really work yet. i think it's better to be safe than sorry. just make sure your kid qualify for the shot. like when they ask if he got this and this illness.
Old December 8th, 2009, 02:58 PM

ive never once gotten a flu shot and yesterday i was watvhing this thinkg on youtube about a girl who was a cheerleader got a flu shot and she now has like a deformatiy or something she can hardly walk and its terrible she said she became like that after the shot i know thousands of ppl get the shot.. but hey man you never know
Old December 8th, 2009, 03:38 PM

its really sad that as parents we have to question how safe the medicines and shots really are..they should be safe before they are even offered to the public. i personally seen a friend on mines niece and nephew get their baby shots and shortly after both children became autistic. they said it was a reaction to the shots that they got that caused this problem. so please do your own research and make a wise decision.
Old December 12th, 2009, 03:37 PM

Im sure you heard about the long delay in getting the Swine flu shots to the people who needed to get the shot right? Did anyone wonder why they had such a long delay when the need was obivous? I mean kids were DYING and they still delayed the shot to the public. Why? It was because they were doign extra tests and because this particular flu virus grows slower than the other flu virus'. If they let it be delayed and then sent it out with problems they would be stupid. Obviously its safer than taking the change of dying because you didnt get the shot.
Old December 14th, 2009, 06:41 PM

i recently saw this thing on a girl who got a flue shot and she said after that her body went all out of wack and now shes handicap.. she use to be a cheerleader and whenever she stops moving now her starts walking ll weird. its cracy you tube it.. they make fun of her on there but still the reaction is crazy..
walk it out dys( something with a d.) remix
Old December 21st, 2009, 03:00 PM

I remember when I went to get mine done at the time I was under 18...there were alot of little kids there it was soo sad. The poor babies were crying and it was soo sad. They were giving them shots...it wasn't really that painful to me just a little pinch but to them I know it hurt. They were also giving to option of doing the nasal spray but that seemed so uncomfortable. One kid couldn't stop sneezing after he got his. I understand if they really need it then it makes sense to give it to them.