Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Bath & Body

Old October 21st, 2009, 11:20 AM

Default stretch marks?

My cousin is pregnant and she uses coco butter lotion on her stomach to decrease the amount of stretch marks. She doesn't have any that I can see so far and she's 7 months pregnant!! I dont know if its because of the lotion or if its just her.

Have any of you guys tried using coco butter for stretch marks? Im curious if it actually works
Old October 21st, 2009, 04:49 PM

i tin i remember hearing that stretch marks are gentic so if your mom has them then you will have a good chance of getting them.. but im not sure how true that is.. my friend had stretch marks. but she never had a child.. so she would put coco butter on it.. and i think after a looonnng while it will start to reduce.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:23 PM

yeah stretch marks happen preggo or not. my sister went from being a thick girl to thin and she had stretch marks on her thighs. i personally never tried coco butter before.. but i forgot what some other product is that my friend was telling me that works and isn't very expensive! i'll post the name here after i get it from her!
Old October 26th, 2009, 12:54 PM

Coco butter does help more so than anyother product I can think of. It also gets rid of scars and tones your skin. It has that natural smell that I love and the actual lotion itself is thick. I love thick lotions because I feel like if I'm actually putting something on that doesn't feel like water getting rubbed into my skin.
Old October 26th, 2009, 05:05 PM

i cannot stand they way that coco butter smells lol i think it smelles horrible.. but heyy if it works for strech marks then i think the smell is wroth it haha. wouldnt you agree?
Old October 27th, 2009, 05:40 PM

so im reading this post about stretch marks.. i was wondering if anybody had a side tattoo and if when they got prego if it totally stretched out and if it went back to normal after they had the baby. im 5 months prego and i have a quite fancy side piece and im wondering if i get stretch marks will my tattoo be ruined and will my streched out tat ever go back to normal?
Old October 28th, 2009, 05:53 PM

hmm.. im not sure i have a tat on my back.. but idunno about the side.. do you mean side as in ribcage?? or side as in like belly area, lower hip.. becasue of its the lower hip i would think so..my mom has a tatto down there she got when she was like 18 and then had my sister and it doesnt look bad soo. i so im guessing as long as you dont have lose skin you"ll be alright.
Old November 4th, 2009, 12:21 PM

I have stretch marks like crazy, and I've never been pregnant. I used be skinny as a twig and I started filling out and hence the stretch marks. They can be annoying at times yes but Theres nothing I can do about it so I dont bother. I've been using coco butter creme, the really thick organic stuff. It smells really good!!! I've noticed a little difference but its not a huge dramatic change, like I woke up and all my marks were gone. they're still here, but my skin is more mositerized and my marks aren't as obvious.
Old November 14th, 2009, 03:33 PM

It helps keep your skin soft and moist enough that it will strech without damaging your skin (which leaves those marks). It helps prevent strech marks but does not make them go away when you already have them (the skin is already damanged). You can use scar creams that reduce the look of the scar but other than that there isnt anything we can do about them.
Old November 24th, 2009, 05:34 PM

coco butter. everybody swears by it im not 100% sure that it will work for stretch marks i think pure vitamin E would work best because it will condition the skin and give it a more moisture. the vitamin e tablets are said to help with stretch marks as well, my cousin uses vitamin e oil at night n coco butter during the day and she is 7 months and does not even have any stretch marks. hopefully she will not get any!