Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Cosmetics

Old October 15th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Default Over the counter makeup vs. Expensive makeup

so i know some people who only buy quality makeup. as in an masacara that cost like 40 bucks. and some that prefer over the counter. i mean don't get me wrong. i like both. like eyeshadow wise.. i like to go for the quality make up because i just like them before.. as for mascara i just get over the counter kind. what do you prefer?
Old October 16th, 2009, 01:19 PM

i think it all depends on the person.. you can find alot of DEPARTMENT store makeup names in a diffrent brand name but there still the same product and ingrediant.. usually they do not tell you that there the same because they want you to purchace the more expensive stuff. like flirt cosmetics at khols is the same company as mac! they dont have all the colors but there pretty close to the same. i prefer both. i use mac brand foundation, drugstore mascara, eyeliner i go back n fourth becaus i wear contacts n some brands mess up my contacts.
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:45 PM

I usually go for both over the counter and expensive make up. I use over the counter eyeliner and mascara and ask for eyeshadow I use mac. As for anything that goes on my skin like powder/foundation/concealer.. I like the 'quality' kind. I had a bad experience with the over the counter skin makeup =/
Old November 4th, 2009, 06:22 PM

yeah i have both.. i love my physcian powder which i get at target for like 10 dollars.. and then i haveMAC compact as well that i dont use all the time only when i go out mainly .. also for mascara and eyeliner i normally just buy them at target except occanisally i will buy a name brand mascar if someone tols me it worked wel lto see for myself
Old June 2nd, 2010, 12:10 PM

I usually like to use expensive makeup because my skin is sensitive so I will get a rash if I use over the counter but for mascara and eyeliner I just use over the counter. But for anything else like blush, eye shadow, foundation I like to get chanel or lancome. It just feels lighter on my skin and doesn't make my face feel itchy.
Old June 17th, 2010, 03:04 PM

i think it really depensd because i love over the counter makeup just as much as expensive make up. i usually just mix and match both and i love the results. over the counter makeup are hidden gems. people always think that expensive makeup = the best. but that's not all completey true.
Old June 18th, 2010, 02:30 PM

Honestly, if I could do, I'd do some research on the makeup to see what works better. I'm sure that there is someone that has posted a review or something about the makeup in particular. Then you can figure out what works best. I think while the expensive makeup may be good and have things that can enhance your skin, if you use the cheap stuff properly, it'll look just as good.