Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Fitness and Exercise

Old October 5th, 2009, 11:59 AM

Default reality!

i need to get back on the wagon and start working out. its time.. its just hard for me because ive always been a thin person .. in the past i was able to eat what i wanted and not really worry about it.. now its catching up to me and i have horrible eating habits. i know i should work out.. but i feel like when it comes down to it i dont.. i need encouragement!
Old October 6th, 2009, 01:57 PM

i feel you and all the fat months are coming upp. like thanksgiving and christmas.. ahh mann i love thansgiving ! sooo good i love pumpkin pie sooo good.. but yeah anyways i know excatly how you feel we should be each other envouragements haha
Old October 9th, 2009, 12:01 PM

best way to work out is find a workout buddy at either a gym or a personal friend who is willing to make time and work out with you. its usually hard at first to get into it but things will ease up.. and you have to start thinking about being healthy and eating healthy. it works if you and your buddy are comitted to working out and losing weight. its really hard to be self motivated but if you have a friend or someone to work out with its alot better. good luck!
Old October 10th, 2009, 12:38 PM

Personally, I think when you're starting out, you need to start small and build up to a good workout. So I think if you're trying to lose weight, you may want to do at least 20 minutes of cardio for at least 3-4 times a week. You can slowly build up the amount of cardio you do or include other exercises when you're working out to help weight loss as well.
Old October 14th, 2009, 11:26 AM

My mom's the same way, It may be discouraging at first which is expected really. You just have to gradually build up your tolerance of working out. Not alot of people like working out but its necessary for them to do to reach their goal and its a good investment in yourself. When you finally get the hang of working out and you start seeing results you would look at it with a totally different attitude. Also if you get a gym membership you would be able to get a personal trainer for not that expensive. Plus in the gym setting you have a motivational atmosphere because everyone around you have the same or similiar goals as you.
Old November 16th, 2009, 04:27 PM

i think once you get back to working out it will be easier for you.. because you start to feel good about the work out that should be encouragemnt .. i kow that helps for me.. once i get back to te gym i keep going back.
Old November 20th, 2009, 05:55 PM

Yeah I think the hardest part is the start. but yeah I really need to start working out again I am super lazy and i am just putting on the pounds now and it seriously seems like my belly fat is increasing by the day which is totally gross. its like i know i should be working out but i just say to myself "oh i'll do it tomorrow" and it just never happens which is bad. I think I really will work out or at least walk my dog everyday.
Old November 21st, 2009, 06:36 PM

I agree that the hardest part is starting. I myself had to have someone else get me to start doing it again. I and a bunch of my friends started to work out together. It was great because if one of us didn't want to go, the rest of us would be ringing the doorbell till they got there butts out of bed and got in the car. We also car pooled which saved us gas. Afterwords we would all go out to eat at the sushi place or a salad bar. It was a nice treat and made working out fun.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:04 AM

right now is a really hard time to lose weight. with the holidays coming up and everything its tough but if you have the will to start working out then you should be fine, sometimes things get rough but thats when you have to just keep trying and things will get better. i recently stoped working out because i have gotten extremely busy. Hopefully after the new year i can get back to working out.
Old December 12th, 2009, 04:28 PM

I know what you mean, after all I used to be thin all through my teen years and now it seems like no matter what i do I keep gaining weight. I was at 130 in high school and now im at 170. Its a big difference. It doesnt help that my meds make it harder for me to cut off the pounds. I suppose I should just make some changes, write them down and toss out all the suger....well after the holidays lol