Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Seniors' Health

Old September 26th, 2009, 02:41 PM

Default Tylenol

How bad is taking Tylenol daily? I've heard it can be fatal, is this true?
Old October 17th, 2009, 05:48 PM

Actually, it is bad for your kidneys. You should switch between medications like Advil and Asprin for the least chance of adverse effects. However, taking it will not hurt you in low doses and in high doses when given to you by a doctor. if your taking it everyday, talk to your doctor about why your taking it so often. If its for chronic pain, they might have something better for you to take or fix the thign that is bothering you.
Old October 21st, 2009, 11:58 AM

the tylenol commercials make it seem like if their drug is completly harmless. I thought so my self until I read Christine's post. I'm going to have to talk to my doctor and see whats really so bad about taking tylenol. Being that I have scoliosis I take it now and then when I have an unbearable pain in my back. Now i'm actually concerned. Im happy this topic was brought up!!
Old October 21st, 2009, 05:25 PM

its like any pill you take.. it all takes a toll on your kidneys.. so yeah i agre with christie.. switch it up and tey not to take too many ..only when you needed it.. we dont want anyone where to have to get dialalis. damn i know i spelled that wrong. lol
Old November 2nd, 2009, 11:34 AM

The commerical always shows older people so i'm guess its aimed at that age group. I'm not sure if tylenol is bad for you or not. But ideally everybody knows that every drug has its list of side affects. Alot of people take tylenol daily to relieve pain, and thats understandable because it works. No drug is perfect, the best way to know for sure is to ask your doctor for advice.
Old December 4th, 2009, 01:02 PM

im not sure about tylenol but i have heard that asprin is bad for young people to take because it can cause many diffent problems for developing organs and such. i think best thing to do would be to get advice from your doctor and then that way you will be able to know for sure and they can tell you if it will interact with any meds you are taking if it applys.
Old December 15th, 2009, 12:04 PM

yeah all the facts on here are true. well at least from what i have learned. and it is wise to switch it up between advil and other asprins just for the fact that like any other pill it is harmful; to your kidneys. its funny how medicine thats is usppose to make you better can be moe harmful longterm wise
Old December 15th, 2009, 01:52 PM

yeah i heard the same thing to swithv it up it is a bit ironic i will admit lol becasue you take medicine to cure yourself and in the long run taking pills for headaches and menstural cramps can cause long term effects
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:42 PM

thats only if you take too much of it. then it can effect your organs.. but yeah its liek any pill epsiecally pain killers.. effects your liver i think it is.. so yeah if you take it for the ocasin headache then im sure your alright also, try and switch them uo brand wise
Old January 25th, 2010, 02:08 PM

yeah i heard this once and come to think of it the last pills i have been taking have been advil and normaly i do take tylenol but we ran out and iver been using advil so i guess that worked out in the end haha. either way i try not to take alot of pills