Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old September 23rd, 2009, 04:19 PM

Default dry scalp

besides head and shoulders.. any other greta shampoo espeically for summer i know its over now.. but thats when i eed it the most the sun just beams donw!
Old September 24th, 2009, 10:39 AM

you're the total opposite of me. my scalp tend to get all dry during the winter time. it's like the more i wash my hair the more i'm drying it out. but when winter comes around i always use head and shoulders.. there is one specific one that smells ooober good too =)
Old October 14th, 2009, 11:47 AM

Head and shoulders work really good for dry scalp but there are also others that work for damaged hair which is cause sometimes by dry scalp. When I go to beauty supply stores I always tell the attendent my problem I'm having with my hair at they time and they usually point me in the right direction. They are very helpful when your trying to find the right product, besides they're there to help assist you so ask them to.
Old October 16th, 2009, 05:05 PM

Default Try..

Beware that some of these medicated shampoos (I would choose Crew for dry scalp, but its pricy!) actually can strip dye right out of your hair. Perms too! So if thats a problem for you then I would suggest you try something natural, like egg yoaks or mayo. I know it sounds gross, but it actually works without the risk. However, if you really need something with the medication in it I suggest Crew. Try CVS.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 04:10 PM

I usually just use head and shoulders pretty much any kind as long as its that brand it works pretty well for me. my scalp always get really dry like no matter what season it is. which is super annoying but what can you do right. so yeah i think just stick to head and shoulders it works well and its a really good price.
Old October 31st, 2009, 04:55 PM

Head and Shoulders is what I like to get....well, if I can. Personally, the kind of shampoo that I like to use is actually the store-brand head and shoulders. I personally don't see much of a difference ebtween the store-brand and the well-known brand, so I use that. I use to use Awahihu (I think that was what it was called) or Mint-Tree shampoo (I forget the brand, it's in a white bottle with black text), but it was really good.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 04:10 PM

yeah i hate dry scalp.i havent used head and shoulder in awhile.. but i figured i need too start again becasue this weather and then the fact that i wash my hair everyday doesnt help.. im sure im going to start gettin dry scalp soon
Old November 4th, 2009, 06:11 PM

everyday it gets colder and colder i wonder" i hope i dont get a dry scalp" the winter and all the weather change is what makes me get a dry scalp. but to be honest. i think with the proper care it can be taken care of
Old November 9th, 2009, 01:28 PM

I totally understand what you're talking about, my hair gets really dry all the time which is due to my dry scalp. Its horrible, but i've been experimenting with different hair products to see what best works for me. Hopefully I would find something the works like magic for me. I havent found that product yet, some of the products I've used were okay, but they weren't really what I thought was Ideal...I'll eventually find the solution some day!!!
Old February 3rd, 2010, 02:06 PM

You may have dry scalp because your body isn't getting enough liquids...like water. That may be a reason. Also It depends on your washing pattern and the products that you use.Maybe you're washing your hair too much or the product that your use dries your hair out. there are many possibilities as to why this may happen. You can always do your own research because everybodies hair is different...and hair types plays a huge role as well