Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old September 23rd, 2009, 04:23 PM

Default heeling

my little sister was sick.. and it seriously amazed me how one day satying home from school recovery time.. helped her soo much! i should try that because normally when im sick i stock up on meds and do my daily activies
Old September 23rd, 2009, 05:28 PM

yeah really my little brother was felling a little blue as well and he stayed home last week.. didnt go to soccer pratice either and he was fine in 2 days i was amazed!
Old September 24th, 2009, 12:18 PM

yup! from what i heard, kids always see to heal faster because they body is still in that growing stage. and most definitely a *high five* for you because when i'm sick i feel like sh**t and i don't want to even get out of bed!!!
Old September 26th, 2009, 06:30 PM

Yea I think sometimes people are too quick to jump for the meds. Although I know sometimes you just need some aspirin to take away that headache, but you'll be amaze to see how some good old chicken soup and a day in bed can really make you feel better!
Old October 14th, 2009, 12:02 PM

My college professor even told my class if any of us feel sick to stay at home because rest is usually what our bodies need to be able to fight. Most people don't do this, including myself. I usually just take medicine to try to get better. But now i'm going to try resting because of the way I've seen it help some of my friends.
Old October 14th, 2009, 06:42 PM

yeah i remember one time i called in for work when i just wasnt felling well and.. what do you know.. after just once full days of rest i felt so much better its crazy. as aposed to getting out of bed and moving around all the time doing my day to day activitys
Old November 7th, 2009, 04:26 PM

Staying home and getting rest is really imporant for your body to recover. I tried to work and go to school when I was sick one year. I kept just taking cold medication and getting through the day. I just kept getting worse till I ended up in the hospital. What had just started out as the flu turned out to be something much more serious. I spent two days in the hospital and then was bedridden for another two weeks. Who knows, if I would have stayed home even just one or two days I could have gotten over the flu.
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:18 PM

Yea I do the same thing...I need to try that. No wonder when I go on Christmas Break or something for school and get away from the hectic college life I feel so relaxed and my sniffles are gone. I never really paid attention to that i'll remember that the next time I have a problem like that at hand. Instead of taking all those crazy pills all the time.
Old December 9th, 2009, 03:12 PM

i have to agree with this becasue i know when i was in highschool i= and i was sick i ddint saty home and i was sick for awhile but now when im sick all i need is about one day of home rest depending on how sick i am and i i feel so much better
Old December 21st, 2009, 03:31 PM

I know rite? It works for me everytime. I try to tell my mom to do the same thing when she's sick. She takes the time off work and stays home but she does stuff around the house and gets mad when my dad or myself dont help her...when the house was fine before she started messing with it. One of these days I'll have to lock her in her room for her to sleep off her fatigue and illment....theres no other way she would. For me you dont have to tell me twice to go rest...I'll be in my room before you even finish your sentence