Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Skincare

Old September 17th, 2009, 03:17 PM

Default Toothpaste on a pimple

i never tried it before but i read online that it works. is that true? i don't want to put something on my face if i'm unsure of it. i mean people tell me that it dries out the pimple and that's about it right? does it make the redness or make it stop growing? some honest answers from someone that actually tried it would help. thanks!
Old September 17th, 2009, 03:34 PM

i tried it once. it didn't really work for me. it just made my pimple all flaky and yucky. i think the best thing to do to a pimple is just leave it as it is. the more things you put on it the more it's going to clog it and it's going to take a longer time for it to heal! wait it out!
Old September 21st, 2009, 10:50 AM

yeha i would take edwina's advice and wait it out as annoying as they are and how you have to just stare at it everytime you look in a mirror.. but take it from me.. dont mess with them i have before and i have some scars on my face which i hate soo wait it out.
Old September 29th, 2009, 05:53 PM

ive tried toothpaste but im not sure it realy even helped. it really dries them out which helps bring them to the surface but if you are anything like me i cant help but pick at my face when i feel something flaky or scabish. so i agree with others the best thing would for you to probably just leave it alone and try to keep your hair and hands away both cause grease and bacteria to get onto your skin so keep away.
Old October 7th, 2009, 01:28 PM

I tried it on my smaller pimples just incase and it worked, however when i tried on on my larger ones it dried it out too much. So it really depends on the pimple size or your skin type. I advise if you want to try it for yourself to test it with one pimple and judge the results for yourself. good luck!
Old October 8th, 2009, 05:38 PM

i have never tried it.. but i always hear about it.. whats it suppose to do exactly?? dry it out?? but yeah anyways normally when i break out i just start to use some from of medicated facewash becasue normally i would just use soap and water so when i start to break up the face wash helps a little.
Old November 21st, 2009, 03:10 PM

You know I have heard so many stories about using toothpaste for so many different things. In fact when I was in college everyone said to put it on your wall to cover up holes from nails (we weren't allowed to use nails in the dorms). I actually became friends with the person who cleans the dorms and asked her. She laughed at me because "it just washes off when we wash the walls!". I say, leave toothpaste for what its made for; cleaning teeth!
Old January 6th, 2010, 01:46 PM

Back in my preteen years when I first getting pimples and breaking out like crazy. I used this tactic and it worked. the only party that I didn't like about it was the fact that when I went to sleep with the toothpast on my face it would get all over my pillow and it would sometimes get in my eye...so I stopped doing it. It worked really well though I wish there was a way I could've done it with out getting it all over my face, on my pillow, and in my eye.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 06:00 PM

Well, I don't think it would really hurt to try, to be honest. I don't think Toothpaste is going to have any adverse effect on your skin or on any open wounds....soI'd try it with the pimple. Now, to be honest, I've never tried that, to be honest. I thought toothpaste was only for teeth...and maybe for fixing your CDs. xD But yeah, never thought on applying it on the pimples.
Old January 25th, 2010, 06:55 PM

I used to this all the time. But then I realize that after a while it starts to dry your skin out really bad and your skin starts peeling around the pimple. SO I'll advise to only do it on your really really bad pimples that are huge and look's like a crater on the moon. The minty ones with the cavity and plaque fighting stuff in it works best...I don't know why they just do. And don't put on alot becuase it does tingle...you don't want it to burn. Speaking from experience...