Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Fitness and Exercise

Old September 15th, 2009, 01:28 PM

Default Getting rid of this gut.

so i have this little baby gut. and it's bother me! i don't really work out and not use to working out so i'm wondering is there anything i ccan do that can help me get rid of this gut. i'm not trying to get skinny.. i just want to tone up my stomach.. what type of work out and how much should i do a day or something..
Old September 15th, 2009, 02:49 PM

i think the best way to get rid of a gut is doing crunches. don't go with the whole commercials you see about weight loss.. those are just out to get your money. i say, start slow and do about 25 crunches a day and then if you want you can increase your numbers. stay on top of it and your stomach will be tone in no time!
Old September 16th, 2009, 02:13 PM

im going to tke your advice bess.. i need a tones stomach.. and i can start with 25 crunches it seems like a reasonable number and then like you said increase the number thanks! :]
Old September 19th, 2009, 01:18 PM

If you want to get rid of your gut, you want to focus on losing weight and not building muscle. Essentially, you should limit your exercises to aerobic activity, such as the elipticals and the stairs since those are the hardest and have the most movement. As for toning your stomach, I'd say you should focus on exercises that focus on the abdominals and your sides as well so you can tone those as well.
Old October 7th, 2009, 11:17 AM

Default Crunches and Up Downs

The best way to get rid of that unwanted fat around your stomach area is to work your way up to doing 75 crunches every night along with 50 sit ups. You don't have to start out right away doing that amount but when you actually get to the point where you can do 75 cruches at ease you would be able to see the difference it is making. By repeating this everynight your muscles may adapt and get used to the workout, which may cause you to have to add more reps but when you start seeing the results it wouldn't matter.
Old October 10th, 2009, 12:46 PM

I would say along with doing normal aerobic activity such as running/elipticals/bike/stairs at the gym, you should also try to work on your abdominals and your obliques, I think. Your abs are the priority, so you may want to do various kinds of situps and crunches, and working out your obliques will toen your sides as well.However, I'd do this along with aerobic activty so you see the full benefit of the exercise.
Old October 19th, 2009, 01:23 PM

I think by doing simple ab work outs should help. You dont have to even though a bunch of them. like maybe 30 cruches, situps and stuff like that. To me belly stomach isn't that hard to get rid of once you get on the right work out routine that complements your body.
Old October 21st, 2009, 05:51 PM

ahh man i should be more determined now becasue its getting closer to halloween and .. then im going tow ant to fit into some customes like come on now. haha .. i remember i was like im not going to the beach because i dont have my beach body haha bnut now im far worst.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 03:53 PM

I am definitely going to take your guys' advice. I really need get rid of my belly fat haha. I seriously wanted to get it over with during the summer but instead i just go more and more seriously i like gained so much wait I really go back to normal. I think I am going to try to work out a little everyday. I mean maybe 10-15 minutes and then increase more from there.
Old October 24th, 2009, 05:07 PM

Best thing is to simply run run run run run!

Just start jogging at first, and then do daily runs so that you're burning up the fat. The belly fat is going to be the hardest to lose because it's where it's all stored in case of a cold winter. Therefore, you may have to burn through other fat or concentrate exercises towards your gut, but you can do it!