Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > DVD Blue Ray Exchange

Old September 15th, 2009, 01:06 PM

Default PS3 or just a regular blu-ray player

what would you guys recommend? i'm not a gamer.. but some people tell me just to go with the PS3 since it plays blu-ray and not only that i get to play games (even though i'm not a big fan of games..) is the quality between the PS3 and blu-ray player the same? i think they cost just about the same amount right?
Old September 17th, 2009, 03:14 PM

you should go talk to them at best buy or soemthing. maybe they can give you some pros and cons in having a ps3 as a blu-ray... i mean ps3 might be a good investment because you can play games with it but how capatible is it compare to a REAL blu-ray players specifically for blu-ray? let them know your situation so they can help you out.
Old October 17th, 2009, 01:58 PM

I'm not much of a gamer myself, but when I had the choice between getting a DVD player or just getting the PS2 that played DVDs I went with the PS2. Now when I get board I have another option. The cost was about the same, I only paid a $100 bucks for my PS2 and the DVD players were about 20 bucks cheaper at the time (for a cheap DVD player mind you!). Im happy I did that because every once in a while I do like being able to play a game.
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:47 PM

i think you should get the PS3 mostly because it has more than one function. You never know if you might start an interest in games out of the blue. Plus when you get bored you can play games as well as watch a movie. My belief is in the next couple of years they're going to come out with something else besides blu-ray...so atleast you would have a game player out of the deal.

If you want expert advice you should probably go to an electronic store that sells both the PS3 and blu-ray and ask about the pros and cons and what they would recommend as well.

Good luck with your decision!
Old October 31st, 2009, 05:12 PM

You should get the PS3. Main reason is because you'll be able to do a lot more than just play Blu-Ray. At the very least, you'll get a Blu-Ray player, but you also get the internet, ability to play games, and other things. The multi-media of the console is a good idea and is better than any regular Blu-Ray player.
Old November 7th, 2009, 02:11 PM

I would have to agree with everyone here, I would get the PS3. After all, then you have the option of playing a game if you wanted to. Also, you would have more that you can do with the PS3 for about the same price as the Blu-ray. Its a smart investment, if you ask me. I'll be hoping to get one for Christmas soon!
Old November 14th, 2009, 04:43 PM

PS3, PS3, PS3, PS3, PS3. You gotta go with the PS3 when you're looking for a Blu-Ray Player. The reason: You can play games, watch movies, watch Blu-Ray and DVDs, go on the internet, do whatever you can do. This is personally my opinion, but with the PS3 now being really really cheap in comparison to before, you'll be able to do a lot more.
Old November 24th, 2009, 06:56 PM

i like the ps3 because not only can you play movies but you can also play video games.. it plays the blu-rays the same as blu-ray player so i think its better to have both a playstation and a bluray player all in one. the only thing is if your like my family and love playing the wii which is our game of choice. i love the wii!
Old November 25th, 2009, 11:47 AM

I agree with the PS3. You need to be able to play Blu-Rays which is a necessity if you have a high-definition setup.Personally, the Blu-Ray or PS3 would really get it's effectiveness if you have a high-definition TV, which is why I don't have one. I will say that a Blu-Ray Player only plays Blu-Ray movie discs while PS3 can do a lot more, so go with that.
Old January 9th, 2010, 06:10 PM

You need an HD TV just to be able to use Blu-Ray effectively. Otherwise, it's just another DVD Player to me, and an overpriced one. However, I will say that having seen Blu-Rays, it's kind of a mixed bag. Some movies will look fantastic on Blu-Ray while others look terrible, so it depends.

But I still say get it. Blu-Ray does sound good, and if you're gonna play Blu-Rays, may as well get a PS3 to do it.