Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Fitness and Exercise

Old September 4th, 2009, 04:57 PM

Default Workouts

I just joined a gym and I'm not really sure what kind of workouts to do. I usually like to start by running on the treadmill. What kind of workouts do you do at the gym?
Old September 7th, 2009, 01:47 PM

I usually start with cardio too for about 30 minutes. And then each day I work out a different part of my body. One day I will do all upper body, the next day I will do lower body, and then the next day I do a longer cardio session and I'll work out my abs. I just rotate through this each week.
Old September 8th, 2009, 04:03 PM

i barely started to get into this whole workout kind of thing. i mean i did it when i was in high school only because we had too but as i started to get old i started to realize that i'm always getting tired.. sleepy. people are telling me it's because i'm not exercising. what should i do just to keep myself in good shape? just run about 4 times a week? is that good enough? i don't want to start too much on the rough side. i want to ease my way into it.
Old September 14th, 2009, 11:16 AM

i use to go to a gym all the time.. but then i stopped for some reason. dont really know why haha anyways.. what use to do is i would work out for 2 days and then take a day off the 3rd day and then go back and work out for one more day and then take friday off. i read that in a magazine it would give you the types of workouts to do.. and it always said take a day off for relaxing.
Old September 19th, 2009, 01:20 PM

I used to go to the gym at least 3 times a week. My main intention was to tone my muscles and lose weight. This meant I had to focus my weight training to high repeittions and low weights. One day, I worked on my arms and legs, the other day, I worked on my chest and on my abs, and the other day, I focused it exclusively on cardio. That was how I did it.
Old September 26th, 2009, 05:38 PM

I think they have personal trainers there that should be willing to help. But if you don't want to ask them then I think you can start by dividing up your week into certain work out days. For example, maybe you can do 30 minutes of cardio every timme, but on say mondays you also work on strength training the lower body then next time to strength training the upper body...etc. You should also incorporate stretching into your routine somehow.
Old October 3rd, 2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
I just joined a gym and I'm not really sure what kind of workouts to do. I usually like to start by running on the treadmill. What kind of workouts do you do at the gym?
I prefer to do a lot of aerobic activity, lots of running and stairclimbing personally, with a few minutes spent on certain machines to tone my arms and legs. I do situps and pushups, but I prefer to be running myself, it's just that much fun.
Old October 9th, 2009, 12:05 PM

some things that help me stay motivated and thinking about what i wanna do is starting my gym session with a work out class and then i branch out and do other things like running on the eliptical and the bike then usually i go and use the machines to work on my abs and such. my gym has a basketball court, pool, and also a room for like mat exercise so i tend to wonder into one of those areas and stay fit.
Old October 10th, 2009, 12:34 PM

I always like to see if the gym has any sort of boxing or any sort of martial arts program because that really gets me going whenever I am at the gym. Running and doing the treadmill is fine, but I prefer to do aerobic exercises, so martial arts and dances is what I do a lot.
Old November 17th, 2009, 04:11 PM

i take classes at the gym. if i take classes im more likly to keep busy and not take it easy where as i would if i was just doing my work out by my self i hate working out by my self because i cant seem to keep my self busy i tend to give up too soon and i dont push my self to do any better so i hardley get a good workout,