PDA

View Full Version : working out

Farrah Lindall
February 10th, 2010, 03:55 PM
i know my gma goes to the gym all time shes alwasy taking classes and just working up a sweat.. i hope im just as active as she is when im her age.. becasue my grandma.. shes looks good for her age!

Norine
February 12th, 2010, 12:05 PM
thats great that your grandma is still able to work out. my grandma is very sickly and she is in bad shape.. its really sad simply because she has a very healthy mind but her body just cant take it any more.. its a real bummer simply because you can still see the youth in her words but by looking at her body you know that shes close to her passing date. its really sad but theres really not much you can do about it..

Noelle
February 16th, 2010, 03:46 PM
good job all you seniors out there getting you exercise on.. i ussed to work in a senior center teaching a work out class to people 55+ and it was so much fun to see all these people still wanting to work out and keep healthy.. ill never for get one little lady she was probably 85 or so and she did the splits i was like dang i cant even do the splits.. i was shocked...

Sally Lamkin
February 22nd, 2010, 06:35 PM
I sure hope I'm active too and I just don't let myself go.

Knowing me I'm lazy sometimes so theres a chance I might. But I'll probably go on vacations and stuff thats for sure especially if I'm retired...why not? What else I'ma do. Like my grand parents are always on vacation now. I love it when they invite me. Which is the most of the time.

Prunella
February 24th, 2010, 02:33 PM
In my neighborhood I always see elderly people jogging or walking or doing yoga or whatever in the park. Their more active than me lol. But I guess because they have the time to be able to do all that stuff. I hope when I get that age I'll be as active too. Thats my goal but I need to get started on that now too. I've been letting myself go.

Prunella
February 24th, 2010, 03:34 PM
yeah my grandparents work out together all the time.. basically they go to the gym or take little walks with thier dogs.. they have always been active.. including bike riding( more for my gpa) but still i thin its great they still live a pretty healthy active life.

Mabel Miller
March 17th, 2010, 04:57 PM
sometimes i wish i had half the engery my grandma does.. and im sure i have more trhen she does. but with work and school. and then homework and just gemeral chores at the end of the day im beat and running is the last thing on my mind.. my gma on the other hand.. hits the gym twice a day it amazes me

Philomena Wicker
March 20th, 2010, 04:24 PM
This reminds me of Bob Barker, how he is really old, but does a lot of fitness activities and martia arts, which is why he looks so good, and why he kicked Adam Sandler's butt in Happy gilmore!. XD But seriously, it is really good to stay physically fit when you're older. At the very least, just being healthy is good especially when you're in a venerable and vulnerable state.

Salena
March 23rd, 2010, 05:18 PM
thats really good! i've seen a lot of grandparents that don't even look their age! they look way younger. i want to get just as involve as gym as i am right now when i get old. plus it just makes you feel more enegerized and healthier in all aspects! even a walk around the block every single morning would help!!

Cali Riveria
March 24th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Thats good. My grandpa is always gardening and fixing his car and jogging. He's super active which makes my grandma go to the gym lol. She's all like "I gatta stay looking good for my man" my grandparents are a trip...ma dad had the best childhood ever lol. But its hilarious. Over christmas I went with my grandma to her private gym place and meet her trainer who works with her...he's perfect for her, their a riot together!

Michaela
April 5th, 2010, 04:28 PM
i hope when i get older that i am going to be working out and still going to the gym to look good for my husband. my father in law goes walking everyday anywhere from 3-9 miles a day and he seems to be keeping healthy. anyways i am inspired to be healthy and get to enjoy great grand kids someday, i only had one grandparent that i remember so i am hoping to live along time and get to enjoy my entire family.

Becky Brian
May 19th, 2010, 03:24 PM
i wish i had at least half the drive that my grandma does when it comes to fitness and eating healthy then i would be in great shape becasue my grandma is truely dedicated! and she doesnt mess around shes alwasy hitting the gym lol i loovee her

Carrie Grace
May 19th, 2010, 06:18 PM
right! i think its my grandparents generation because everyone iknow theer age are super active. bike riding and they look great too. i have a feeling they are gonna live alot longer then my gerneration will .. seriously we eat soo much crap and dont take care of ourselves.

Paula Ramos
May 29th, 2010, 04:41 PM
i am definately gonna work out when i get older.

=D i know some examples of some older people that are really working out, and are still able to do much better than I am at these days. it makes me want to work out now, hahahaha.

Evelinda Nicklaus
June 5th, 2010, 01:48 PM
i think when you are older, the priority of working out is mainly to improve overall health. I.E, you want to make sure your circulation is good, your flexibility is good, and you're able to still be relatively active despite your age.

I think what that means for us young people is to try and work out and be in the best shape possible so when we do go to the gym when we're older, we have less to worry about.

Monique
June 24th, 2010, 06:33 PM
that's a really really good thing! i've been seeing a lot of active elderly these days and it actually makes me pretty happy =) i look at them and tell myself i'm going to be like that when i get old. i want to be in good health to see my grandchildren have children. :D

Tammy Bangs
August 6th, 2010, 04:49 PM
I remember a while back that the Wii Fit was advertised as a health tool for elderly people since the game required basic movements to accomplish the task, but sinceit is diguised in the context of a game, you'll have fun and exercise.

I know the wii won't be around when I get older, but I would love to have some sort of technological equivalent of the Wii Fit when I get to that age.