View Full Version : dating

February 2nd, 2010, 11:54 AM
how do you feel about your grandparents dating?
my grandma dates lol. she lives in a different state but when she is here she goes out on dates and sometimes they are all day.. i remember the first time she went out i was like wtf! lol. but im assuming she goes on dates in her home town as well

Larina Yeoman
February 2nd, 2010, 01:04 PM
yeah when my grandparents got divorced i would say about almost 10 years ago.. maybe less like 7 .. but my grandpa has a girlfriend. yeah andi remember when my grandma took us to hawaii she met this guy on a plan and they dated for awhile. lol its weird at first becasue you never really suspect it

Livia Ripley
February 2nd, 2010, 02:13 PM
awww i love seeing eldly ppl out to lunch or breakfast lol its so cute how they just sit there and you can tell they juust injoy each others company its really too cute. i hope one day that i have a long and happy successful marriage where i can go to a resturant and sit there with my husband and not even speak while we eat lol im serious

February 2nd, 2010, 02:37 PM
my grandpa dates but were totally fine with it. i mean his wife passed away like 15 years ago and we know that he really loved her.. its hard growing old by your self.. he had dated a few that we could not stand.. but then he did date some ladies that we would really love to keep around but things just didnt work out. we always tease him about his new girlfriends and what not but we really do not mind him dating. seeing him happy makes us happy.

February 5th, 2010, 11:21 AM
i think its a wonderful idea the grandparents are dating. im sure you have all herd the saying "everbody needs some loving." haha and well it really dosent bother me if my grandpa takes out a lady to dinner and a movie i think its really cute. my grandma doesnt really do that much dating. but remember some peoples grandparents are really not that old.. so its a bit diffent for some grandparents.

Nathania Wadsworth
February 6th, 2010, 04:07 PM
I think I'd be surprised, but then again, I wouldn't mind. They are adults, so why can't they date? Granted, we see our grandparents as being the fathers and mothers of our fathers and mothers and it's hard to see them seperated from eachother. However, I think if it works for them and it makes them happy, then all the more power to them as well, you know.

Mona Vandenhoff
February 8th, 2010, 11:06 AM
yeah my grandparents are divorced as well and its weird becasue i remember when i first heard and met my grandpas girlfriend hahha and my gma is a pimp! seriously shes alwasy going out.. im like really grandma?? hahah

Nell Wempel
February 9th, 2010, 01:16 PM
i say hey man.. everyone always needs someone to have around so good for them! i learned in my class that elderly people are very sexually active which kinda gorsses meout to tyhin of my grandparents but hey man.. if they can still do it well then good for them

February 10th, 2010, 04:14 PM
dating.. it seems like everyone is doing it but me! like what is going on . dating is basically a gam we all play and its good that my grandma knows how to still play her game . shes alwasy going out on dates.

February 10th, 2010, 05:15 PM
i think its cute when i see older couples out to breakfast or dinner.. its sweet and it makes me want that when im older i just dont want to be alone haha.. but yeah my grandparents have been together for ever and i know this isnt the type of dating you are talking about.. but they still go out to date nights.. its cute.

Orva Walton
February 13th, 2010, 04:06 PM
I don't have a problem with it, although i will be honest that I do feel a little weird seeing someone else other than my grandfather dating my grandmother, especially with how long they've been together. However, I know that in the end, they are both adults, and they can do whatever it is they want with their lives, so I'm usually okay with giving the new partner my blessing.

Rachel Waldgrave
February 16th, 2010, 01:01 PM
i say good for them! becasue everyone deserves to have someone they truely do care about and to have that other persons company until the day they die. so it doesnt matter how old or young you are dating is natural and everyone should take part in it

February 17th, 2010, 02:51 PM
I've always known my grandma to be dating somebody...even my great grandma she's almost 100 and she was dating in her 90s until she got married recently. My grandma's been married 3 times...so you know how that goes. Its kind of weird because I would crack up when ever she referred to her now husband as her 'boyfriend' or 'man'...it was funny. Like hopefully when I'm that age I won't have a reason to want to date...thats just alot of stress to me. And you think at 90 the urge would be gone...but nope Great Gran's 98 and still kickin strong.

Gertrude Wands
February 17th, 2010, 04:34 PM
wow dating in your 90's lol i thought dating in high school was hard i could only imagine dating in my 90's.. there is really slim pickings and if you do finally find one you like then you have to worrie about how much longer you boo will be alive lets all face it once you reach your 90's the clock starts counting down and you have to worrie about dying..

Paulette Wibert
February 22nd, 2010, 04:05 PM
I wouldn't care if they started dating. My grandma is a widower. And my other grandparents are still married. But if my widowed grandma decided to date somebody I'll be shocked at first but I'll be like go head grandma get it!!!
My grandma is fiesty and a flirt...she's always trying to hook me up with some one regardless if I have a boyfriend...her response is I ain't married. Man I love her. For all I know she's already dating someone.

Edana Leicester
April 13th, 2010, 12:52 PM
my grandma goes on dates all the time and my grandpa has a girlfreind.. well they have been together for years! but still. im sure he wont marry again.. but like i said it was wierd at forst buty now its kinda like.. okay i got it.

Edwina Errick
April 13th, 2010, 01:51 PM
same with my grandparents. except opposite they have ther own little relationships my granda works for the airlines so when shes down there shes alwasy going on little picnic dates with her " freind" haha

April 17th, 2010, 02:53 PM
I'm all for it. Personally, I do feel a bit iffy, especially since I have known my grandparents and they've been together as long as I can remember, so it is strange. However, it is defiantely the same as if my parents divorced. However, in the end, as long as they're happy, that's what is most important.

April 23rd, 2010, 12:34 PM
none of my grandparents date, my moms side my grandma is widowed, and on my fathers side my grandparents are still happly married and going strong. my grandma on my moms side says she perfectly content having her family around her and that she doent need a man in here life. i am very proud of her for being confindent enough to not need a man in her life.

Muriel Wilkins
April 27th, 2010, 12:43 PM
well my grandma is young and hot! and shes still going out on dates haha shes cracks me up.. one time she came to visit me ( she lives further away) and she didnt come home that night after her date! i was all ooolllalal hahaha. but yeah shes super funny and its funny how she wants to borrow all my clothes when she goes out

Cynthia Crozier
April 28th, 2010, 05:08 PM
haha thats cutee! my grandma and grandpa are the cutuest there dates consit of going to church together on sunday and then going to coco for lunch or brunch haha they are too cute. i love them.. its either cocos or mimi cafe.

Cadence Emmet
May 18th, 2010, 01:29 PM
my grandparents have been divorced for awhile and my grandma remarried once but that didnt last the guy was weird and she found out she was his 8th wife.. he lied and had told her 4th. but yeah anywyas ,y grandpa has had the same gf for yrs and they still date and i know my grandma is a pimp going out here and there all time

April 8th, 2011, 01:12 PM
its alwasy interesting meeting your grandparents new boyfriend or girlfriend haha but hey thats life!! we have to do what makes us happy and if we find it in someone else well then so be it,