PDA

View Full Version : Honest opions please.

Eva
December 4th, 2009, 12:59 PM
I have a 86 year old grandmother. she has lost her licence because they said she was unfit to drive, slow reflexes and bad vision. she has recently asked all of her grandkids, and children to instead of buying her gifts jsut please add the money towards her Golf cart fund.. my only problem should we allow her to drive a golf cart? she is planning on takeing in on the road to transport herself from her oldest daughters house and her own. im torn becaause i donot think she should be driving that on the road.

Ada
December 7th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I agree with you, plus I think you need a drivers license to ride those things on the street anyway, if you drive any motorized vehicle. The hard would be trying to convince you're family that this is an issue that they all need to take into deep consideration. You all should sit you're grandma down and maybe come up with an alternative solution to her driving situation. Good Luck!!!

Nina Gosworth
December 8th, 2009, 03:17 PM
well i mean if thats what your grandma wants i would do it becasue thats what shes want.. but your right she shouldnt be driving it i think its best to let her ask for money and for someone to causally bring it up as a family to see if you need a liscense or ask the person weho she is purchasing the cart from so she hears it herself.. does that make sense??

Geriselle
December 8th, 2009, 03:47 PM
I am not sure if all states are like ours but you are able to drive golf carts long as you are over the age of 16. In Arizona if you get you golf cart licensed then you can drive it on the street, i know that in CA you are not allowed to drive golf carts on any street or highway. check with state regulations and also explain to your grandma that for her own safty she should not drive on the road.

Yasmin
December 8th, 2009, 04:01 PM
yeah id go with what gersielle said.. becasue liken she said there are different rulesand laws in differen states so yeah anywyas hopefully your grand realizes that what you guys are tying to do is for the best and doesnt make you feel bad about anything

Solaine
December 12th, 2009, 03:41 PM
You could paint it a seriously bright orange color and put a caution sign on the back and front lol. I think if you DONT let her drive one (if it is legal of course) you might have to face a possible depression from the loss of her indepenece. Also, if the two houses are close, it would be better than to make her walk.

Sarai
December 21st, 2009, 04:48 PM
Like Geriselle said every state has their own rules and regulations in regards to traffic and vehicle laws. As a family you guys should look into it and then examine your options. Your grandma probably feels horrible right now because her independance is gone...keep that in mind when you guys tell her decision what ever that is. I dont think its a good Idea for her to be driving a golf cart though because her reflexes are off and her eye sight is bad...if she gets into an accident it wouldnt go that great for her...a golf cart isn't safe at all.

Deirdre Sumpter
January 26th, 2010, 02:10 PM
if she lost her liscence hmm well thats ahrd its obviously for her onw good and she shouldnt be driving.. but why dont you tell her she cant drive on the strre with those or soemthing .. im sure after awhile she wll know its for her safty

Juliet Wilmot
January 30th, 2010, 05:00 PM
I'[d say it depends on the area she is driving it too. If she is riding it on the background or on the course she is at...otherwise, I wouldn't recommend it. At least with the other tow, they are relatively safe areas.

I'd say go for it, but be careful.b

Nathania Wadsworth
February 6th, 2010, 05:08 PM
I imagine that she would need a license to drive there, or to even be in the driver's seat of the golf cart, and if she plans on taking it in the road, she's in trouble, especially since the golf cart cannot go as fast, as I imagine, and would be hard to keep up with today's cars.

Elizabeth
February 9th, 2010, 03:39 PM
well it all really just depends on where she lives because my friends grandparents live in a neighborhood that your allowed to drive the golf carts on the street and that its only liek a 10mph speed limit in their little hood' haha so if your grandmother lives somewhere like that then maybe she would be allowed to drive it on their roads.

Savanna
April 3rd, 2010, 03:56 PM
If she has her licesnese taken awayu, you need to convince her that she cannot drive anymore. She may be really stubborn, however. You gotta be hard on her with this since she may not want to do. At least, that's what I think. She can't drive, so a golf cart is most definately not a good idea in my opinion. D:

Cassidy Pickret
April 5th, 2010, 11:56 AM
i think it all really just depends on the distance that she would be wanting to travel and what kind of roads that she would be driving on. if the lives in the middle of no where that it should be fine but if she lives in a very busy area i dont think that gold cart would be a good idea because it could be deadly.

Jazlyn
April 6th, 2010, 06:13 PM
just curious but can you even drive a golf cart on the road? how far is the daughters house from her house?
i personally think that she lost her license for a reason. and it's best to keep her off the road. it's only for the protection of herself and the people around her. might be a little hard for her to let go but i think it's better to give your grandma a helping hand when she wants to get around instead of putting $ to the golf cart.

Tiffany Joyce
May 8th, 2010, 06:59 PM
I wonder what happened to the user, I wonder if anything came out of it.....

But I agree with everyone, I don't think it'd be such a good idea to drive a golf cart. Even at a reduced speed, a golf cart can still hurt you and kill you. I think the fastest it can go is aorund 20-25 mphs, so it can do some damage.